how to reverse engineer?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zolfo

how to reverse engineer?

Post by zolfo » Mon, 21. May 12, 18:26

im curious on how reverse engineering works in the game. I dont have my PhQ yet but I was wondering what I can reverse engineer, other then ship which i believe is only done in the phq. would it be possible to RE things in factories, such as light weapons factories?

also is there a way to set ships to automatically bring products from your factories to your equipment stations, like shields and weapons, without having to manualy do it each time?

I am playing X3:AP btw

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Mon, 21. May 12, 18:42

to reverse engineer you dock a ship at the PHQ and add it to reverse engineering que... it can only be done at PHQ

to auto stock eq docks from factory you need to use CLS software from bonus pack (im not sure if u need version 1 or 2) there are a lot of guides on how to use them but i dont have much experience so am not much help...

Zonzo
x4

Post by Zonzo » Mon, 21. May 12, 19:18

If you don't mind get "modified" tag, then it is Li Production Modules (PM for short), with research script add on.
You can research and duplicate anything: boarding pods, looted only missiles, looted only weapons, ships.
Gives to game another level and makes it more interesting for peoples who like reverse engineering and manufaturing. Like me. :P
With PHQ problem is that production and engineering takes way too long. Artificial down time is boooring.

zolfo

Post by zolfo » Mon, 21. May 12, 19:32

46_n_2 wrote:to reverse engineer you dock a ship at the PHQ and add it to reverse engineering que... it can only be done at PHQ

to auto stock eq docks from factory you need to use CLS software from bonus pack (im not sure if u need version 1 or 2) there are a lot of guides on how to use them but i dont have much experience so am not much help...
im guessing the bonus pack is a mod?

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Mon, 21. May 12, 19:35

not a mod per say.... its a bonus pack approved by egosoft and does not make your game ***modified*** it adds a bunch of software that makes managing trade fleets and factories way easier....

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=276039 link to sticky

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 21. May 12, 21:12

It's Egosoft's version of DLC, but free.

And CLS2 would work best if you're supplying from the universe, or 1 if you're supplying from your own factories. I don't use 1 at all though.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”