X3 AP - Kill All Xenon mission in Grand Exchange

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Afterburnerz
x3

X3 AP - Kill All Xenon mission in Grand Exchange

Post by Afterburnerz » Tue, 22. May 12, 07:33

Extract from previous post :-

The "Kill All Xenon" mission I accepted from the Teladi Shipyard in Grand Exchange is still active 22 HOURS later.

The mission states that - Kill All Xenon + Defend the Shipyard.

Quote:
Kill All Xenon
Recent reports have indicated an unusual build-up of Xenon ships in Xenon Sector 598. The Teladi Military require additional pilots to help defend Grand Exchange from the Xenon threat.

Destroy: Xenon Fleet

+ Protect Teladi Shipyard

Difficulty: Hard

Reward: 607124 Cr + 58341814 Cr

Time left: <no limit>

In over 22 hours on this mission and destroying:
5 J
32 Q
40+ P and PX
and several hundred L's and M's;
the mission is still not completed.

The whole sector has been clear of Xenon many, many times.

The mission has directed me to go to the North Gate { it's highlighted Yellow} yet even though Ive killed them all it still won't finish.

I want MY 58.9 Million credits - PROFITSSSSSSSS !!!!! lol

Having too much fun capturing ships and collecting Goodies -
34 Photon Cannons , 56 CIG , 9 FAA , 38 PBE , 21 FBL etc etc but not a single IBL , damn it.

If I travel though the North Gate to eliminate the Xenon in 598 the mission auto aborts and I don't collect any reward.

I knew my good luck had to change - collected a nice OT Hyperion Vanguard from the Poisoned Paranid start - HV is 243 and the Adv Perseus is 256 .

I'm only in day 4 of Albion prelude so that 58 + Million credits is Really Important.

If I may make some suggestions to the Developers -
* include the mission identifying number at the bottom corner of the screen that pops up giving more info , so that the player can state = "It's a desroy Xenon Mission - ID Number DXM 345677
* allow the player to leave the sector and come back to complete the mission
* include an 8 hour timer that rolls over in these missions - a message would be presented to the player every 8 hours stating
"Pilot, you've performed an excellent job in destroying xxx Xenon ships.
Would you like to complete the mission now or continue?"
The player can stay on for another 8 hours and earn more kills or move on.

-----------------

Finally finished this mission 84 hours later - "Bloody Hell" %*#$@*&^%

A "P" with 8 x L , 12 or so M , a few N and 2 x LX were the targets that had to be killed.

I received 191.78 million credits + Teladi Bounties as well as millions of credits worth of weapons and missiles.

As a nice bonus there are countless Ls and Ms that still need to be claimed , on top of the 30+ Ls and 20+ Ms already parked on stations in Grand Exchange.

Not bad, considering I didn't have any PBG - relying solely on the CIG , HEP and PAC to do all the 'work'.

( This scenario would have been nigh on impossible with the TC version of the HV with its crippled weapons generator. As it was , I still managed to run out of energy on many occassions. )

Now that it's over, I'm kind of missing all the excitement - lol

( Albion Prelude ver 2.0 Vanilla )

Fattyfat

Post by Fattyfat » Tue, 22. May 12, 07:59

Man. I haven't played AP yet, but I want some action like that. Hah. Nice job!

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 22. May 12, 08:47

Sometimes Xenon refuse to come through the gate knowing who is waiting there... One solution is to jump an M7M to that Xenon sector and barrage missile everything in its vicinity while OOS.
Yesterday I netted around 250mil+ for a dual Patrol / Defend Argon EQ dock in Getsu Fune and I had to use this trick to actually get paid.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 22. May 12, 14:33

Yeah I've had to send another ship off into Xenon sectors to hunt down the one ship spawned as part of the mission that never bothered coming in to the sector. Can be annoying, but (as you found out) very profitable if it's a sector the normal Xenon often wander thru :twisted:

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”