[SOLVED][AP] Swapping combat music files

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

NightPrince
x3ap

[SOLVED][AP] Swapping combat music files

Post by NightPrince » Tue, 22. May 12, 13:14

Hello gentlemen. Ladies :)

I've been experiencing this issue ever since I upgraded from TC to AP a month ago. What I've been doing for years now is swapping the default combat background theme/music with music of my choice. I've been doing that by replacing the 01001-to-01005 files and never had any issues of any sort. However AP seems to have changed something in this department as the new songs i've added don't trigger every time as I often hear the vanilla ones even if i can no longer locate them in the respective /music folder. As far as i can say there is no pattern and whether it triggers a vanilla song or one of my own is completely random. Now my only guess is there are additional combat music files for AP. However I wasn't able to locate them :oops: . Nor was i able to find any useful information on this topic.

Sorry if this is not a particularly vital issue but this is an important part of gameplay for me and would appreciate any assistance.

I will upload the dxdiag stuff once i get home tonight if you think it would be of any relevance :)

p.s. I have the "auto-update" option in my steam client disabled to prevent any overwriting of the changes I've made.
Last edited by NightPrince on Tue, 22. May 12, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
-"Hey, is your date invitation still valid?"
-"Well yes, sure. Why?"
-"I just wanted to refuse again."

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 22. May 12, 13:34

X3AP also uses the Battle Tracks from the X3: Reunion OST, the track numbers should be 08130 to 08134.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

NightPrince
x3ap

Post by NightPrince » Tue, 22. May 12, 16:06

X2-Illuminatus wrote:X3AP also uses the Battle Tracks from the X3: Reunion OST, the track numbers should be 08130 to 08134.
Indeed good sir, that did it. Funny how i couldn't find these on my own :S
Thank you for the assist!
-"Hey, is your date invitation still valid?"
-"Well yes, sure. Why?"
-"I just wanted to refuse again."

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”