[X3AP] Does destroying a mine free up the asteroid for a new mine?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mrreg
x3tc

[X3AP] Does destroying a mine free up the asteroid for a new mine?

Post by Mrreg » Wed, 23. May 12, 20:04

Forgive me if this question has been answered in another thread. I've searched, but can't find it. I was setting up some stations late the other night (yes, this game has been depriving me of sleep in a good way), and I seem to have bought the wrong size of silicon mine in my sleep deprived state. If I destroy my Silicon Mine M, will the asteroid still be there for me to put a L mine on it?

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 23. May 12, 20:18

Nope - placing a mine on a 'roid and then blowing it up is the only way to permanently remove a 'roid...

If you've put a medium where you wanted a large (and really, you always want a large!) you have three choices:
1. Reload
2. Go modified to fix this
3. Supplement the mineral input with CAG/CLS/mobile mining...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Mrreg
x3tc

Post by Mrreg » Wed, 23. May 12, 20:29

Hm. I played too much between building it and noticing to want to load a prior save. Oddly, my game is already "modified" even though I didn't do anything to it. I asked about it in the S&M forum and was informed that the modified tag can spontaneously appear and may be because of antivirus software or whatnot. Thanks for the help!

Sabrina Bergin
xr

modified tag

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 25. May 12, 21:40

This has been a bug bear to me since xr2 i found the fault to be with not excluding all x3 games from security scan including the saved game folder in documents the scan takes place in the back ground and w3hilst you are vanilla all of a sudden you become modified now i back up unmodified saves to a stick on a regular basis

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 25. May 12, 23:00

As I understand it, only certain AV does it and even then only certain versions -certainly I have never had a problem and now days I use either AVG or AVAST...

But I've also used Bitdefender and (long ago!) McAfee without issue.

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

n00biwan
x3ap

Post by n00biwan » Sat, 26. May 12, 00:07

Oh damn, the roids don't respawn if you blow up a mine you've built?

I had a small tractor beam related accident with a silicon mine... that's going to be irritating, it represented about half of the silicon in that sector lol...
"Stop exploding you cowards" - Zap Brannigan

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 26. May 12, 09:40

I won't ever understand such questions like this. You can try it for yourself without too much effort. lol
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 26. May 12, 09:43

But it's quite a long experiment. In previous versions, 'roids would re-spawn but it could take several game days. How many days would you play before you decided it wouldn't re-spawn, and would you then want to go back to the old save?
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Mrreg
x3tc

Post by Mrreg » Sun, 27. May 12, 07:33

Virtualaughing wrote:I won't ever understand such questions like this. You can try it for yourself without too much effort. lol
Sorry for asking :P . It was a very high yield asteroid, and while there are thousands of 'roids around, I didn't want to lose it.

As for the spontaneous "modified," this is my first play through on any X game, so I didn't know about or catch it until long after it happened. In any case, I'm not much of a competitive gamer, so I probably wouldn't be uploading my stats anyway. Since I started this thread, I caved in visited the S&M lair and actually modified my game. I've always been a fan of mods for Bethesda games, and the sandbox nature of this doesn't make me feel like a cheat to add some handy tools. I'm sure I'll do another play through at some point and keep try to keep it total vanilla and keep it from spontaneously becoming "modified." I use Microsoft Security Essentials and Comodo firewall. I'd guess Comodo did it because it likes to check just about everything, but I like the level of security it provides.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sun, 27. May 12, 07:55

I was about to point that out... If you can do it then do it and don't ask it. Discovering things on your own is far better.... :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”