Factory transports XBTF

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Russia2012

Factory transports XBTF

Post by Russia2012 » Thu, 24. May 12, 06:39

In the original XBTF will my transports sell ore from one of my ore mines to another factory or do i need to wait for NPC players to come purchase them from the factory.

What does it mean when it an asteroid says it has a yield of 27. Does that mean that once I have 27 units of ore the ore mine stops producing. If I accidentally killed 30 split ships in 3 split sectors and took their cargo is it possible to redeem myself to the Split

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Thu, 24. May 12, 12:17

The yield is a number which relates to the speed of production.

The transports will sell your product.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Thu, 24. May 12, 14:11

In X:BTF your transports will not sell their products, as far as I remember. They will only purchase resources. (Solar Power Plants are not able to hire transports, though. You will have to purchase crystals yourself)

"Allan F" is right about yield. It only indicates how fast your mine will produce minerals.

"Accidentally killed 30 split ships and took their cargo"? Well. You can kill pirate or xenon units in their territory, that will eventually redeem you (albeit slowly, verly slowly).

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 24. May 12, 19:08

Dantrithor is correct. Your hired freighters only buy resources. You have to set your prices so the NPC's will come and by products from you.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”