Terran Scabbards not capturing Split TL

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Grunt
x3ap

Terran Scabbards not capturing Split TL

Post by Grunt » Fri, 25. May 12, 18:24

Doing the Terran mission, three Scabbards still alive, but they don´t move towards the TL.

Also, I can´t board any ship in the game via spacewalk, I have a few TP´s with marines, but any target i tell them to board, or via direct command, nothing happens. Seems related.

No mods, STEAM install, version 3.2

<DxDiag deleted as this is probably gameplay. Alan Phipps>

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. May 12, 19:04

I am moving this to the Universe forum as there is a technique to boarding and I am sure you will get more and better advice there since I believe this is more likely to be a gameplay issue.

I will also add some relevant links to reading material for starters:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=270108
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=239065
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2921468

Some are getting on a bit but the general principles are sound. One thing you will find is that using the AI to drive TPs when boarding is not a good idea. Drive the TP yourself to get to the right drop position where the marines will actually launch while using the AI to keep down the shields using fighters, drones or missiles. There are 2 spacewalk boarding commands you can use, Piracy and Launch All Marines. Many find the second a better one to use.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Grunt
x3ap

Post by Grunt » Fri, 25. May 12, 19:49

That´s just the point, the marines don´t launch at all. The AI does not kick in, the TP does not drive anywhere.

And in the Terran mission, I have no options. The Scabbards just sit there, the TL has it´s shields down and the Terran M1 keeps pounding on it. I have been there for hours of game time, remote trading and waiting for something to happen.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. May 12, 20:03

<Edit: Ah nevermind - Coreblimey has clarified below.>

When you board a valid target (ie not a Plot ship that is set as cannot be boarded), your TP will need Fight Softwares and to see the target as an enemy to enable the marines to be launched when the target is in the correct shield state and the TP is in the correct launch position.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 25. May 12, 20:43, edited 3 times in total.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 25. May 12, 20:33

If you mean the split TL in the sector east of Zyarth's Domain you don't capture it. Your job is to protect the scabbards. The Elephant will eventually be boarded by Terran Marines and the next bit of this mission will then kick in.
Spoiler
Show
The next part is that a scientist ejects from his ship (an advanced jaguar) and you have to pick him up and return him to a certain Terran Base (I can't remember which one). Don't forget to go back and claim the aforementioned jaguar.(Another little bonus.)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Grunt
x3ap

Post by Grunt » Fri, 25. May 12, 20:55

Exactly. I have been floating around there for hours, and the Scabbards don´t do their job

46_n_2
x3tc

Post by 46_n_2 » Fri, 25. May 12, 21:02

sounds like it might be a glitch....
have you tried to load a previous save? or leaving sector and going back in?

also scan the scabbards to see if they have marines in them..... what might have happened is they were launched but killed before landing on the hull (wild speculation) or failed the boarding (is that even possible? im not sure since its a scripted event)

Grunt
x3ap

Post by Grunt » Fri, 25. May 12, 21:05

Done and done. Have left the sector and come back, have scanned the Scabbards and marines are present.

Reinstalling everything now.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 25. May 12, 21:18

Have you tried moving close to the TL? Maybe if you get really close the scabbards may follow you. I know I had to wait some time before it was captured, but I don't think it was HOURS! But I think it should be captured regardless as it is such an important part of the mission.
Otherwise yes, it must be a glitch!
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Grunt
x3ap

Post by Grunt » Fri, 25. May 12, 21:27

Tried, moved close. Shot it, commed it, commed the Scabbards. No effect. Will retry after it´s reinstalled

Coreblimey wrote:Have you tried moving close to the TL? Maybe if you get really close the scabbards may follow you. I know I had to wait some time before it was captured, but I don't think it was HOURS! But I think it should be captured regardless as it is such an important part of the mission.
Otherwise yes, it must be a glitch!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 26. May 12, 02:27

Check to ensure all the Split fighters are dead. I don't think they'll engage until all the Split fighters are dead.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ebonyfly
x3tc

Post by Ebonyfly » Sat, 26. May 12, 03:40

Triaxx2 wrote:Check to ensure all the Split fighters are dead. I don't think they'll engage until all the Split fighters are dead.
I've had this same mission glitch once when I tried to get cute and cap as many split ships as I manage. Bailed ships can often occur by chance during the fight and don't usually cause any problems but I wonder now if there are certain circumstances in which a bailed ship can remain flagged as hostile for the purposes of the Mission Script, preventing the boarding.

I was only able to resolve the problem by reverting to a previous save. I hope the OP has a reasonably recent save to fall back on.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 26. May 12, 03:45

Triaxx2 wrote:Check to ensure all the Split fighters are dead. I don't think they'll engage until all the Split fighters are dead.
Good point! I think the Terran fighters disengage from dog fighting to help bring the shields down on the TL.
Check the whole sector if you have to. You may just find a lonely M5 cowering in a corner somewhere! Who said the Split were fearless! :)

Grunt
x3ap

Post by Grunt » Sat, 26. May 12, 07:24

Just me, the Terran capital ship and the Scabbards, apart from the hostile TL.

Come to think of it, I think I did cap one fighter, actually...

No old save to revert to, will have to restart the game and see what happens. Thanks for any and all help so far!
Coreblimey wrote:
Good point! I think the Terran fighters disengage from dog fighting to help bring the shields down on the TL.
Check the whole sector if you have to. You may just find a lonely M5 cowering in a corner somewhere! Who said the Split were fearless! :)

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 26. May 12, 08:15

Grunt wrote:No old save to revert to, will have to restart the game and see what happens.
And don't forget to save before each mission! If you haven't got Salvage Insurance then dock at a station prior to getting into the mission proper. I always docked at the Trading Station in Zyarth's Domain before entering the US to the east.
I'm surprised that, as you've been a registered member for 9 years, you didn't have a save to fall back on. Still hindsight is a wonderful thing. :)

Good luck on your new start.

Grunt
x3ap

Post by Grunt » Sat, 26. May 12, 08:19

Wonderful, truly ;)
Coreblimey wrote:I'm surprised that, as you've been a registered member for 9 years, you didn't have a save to fall back on. Still hindsight is a wonderful thing. :)

Good luck on your new start.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 26. May 12, 13:35

As a test, why not just destroy that one captured fighter and see if the mission continues.

Grunt
x3ap

Post by Grunt » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 03:31

Alan Phipps wrote:As a test, why not just destroy that one captured fighter and see if the mission continues.
I sold it off at a shipyard, methinks. Will shortly resume the story-line and see if I can get past that point.

Thsi time, I will remember to save prior to entering the Unknown sector ;)

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 03:42

I think that may be a good idea. And also don't forget, if you cap a ship make sure you destroy it just in case. :wink:

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 15:06

I've seen several missions where the next step won't kick in until you get within 4 km of a particular ship, even after all of the listed requirements are met. Did you try flying fairly close to either the target Split vessel or the Terran ships?

Capping shouldn't affect it. Once they're bailed, they're effectively removed from the check. Probably a glitch, and I'd at the very least try exiting and re-entering the sector before giving up on everything up to that point.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”