Boreas Turrets

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Higgs Aran
x3ap

Boreas Turrets

Post by Higgs Aran » Fri, 25. May 12, 23:21

I am running X3AP with the Bonus Package installed, and my Boreas seems to think it's a good idea to fire half a dozen volleys at a Xenon I then await a fresh turret command before firing again. Is this a common problem? How can I fix it?

This occurs on all turret settings. Also, my Photon Pulse Cannons set to "Attack Capitals" often fire at M5's.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 25. May 12, 23:58

This doesn't sound like a tech support issue, so I'm moving it to the main forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Sat, 26. May 12, 00:23

this sounds like your running SETA whilst your turrets are trying to fire
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

Higgs Aran
x3ap

Post by Higgs Aran » Sat, 26. May 12, 01:09

I wasn't in SETA. I think the problem was that the turrets like to fire on the exact location that an auto-aim cursor would suggest and I was flying along-side the enemy destroyers. The turrets weren't getting enough time to adjust their firing angles. I wish they would just shoot anywhere that would hit.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 26. May 12, 04:11

Are you sure you are still in firing range? If you are piloting it yourself then I always prefer to set my front turrets to 'Attack My Target'. Even this is not ideal because sometimes it chooses it's own target immediately after destoying it's present target. I then have to take manual control of the turret and point it at the right target then giving control back to the ship so I can strafe away from any incoming fire!
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Higgs Aran
x3ap

Post by Higgs Aran » Sat, 26. May 12, 05:59

I was 100m from a Xenon I in my Boreas. Definitely in range :)

It all works fine now that I realized that the turrets seem to demand to fire on the money spot. I just slowed down my turn rate so the turrets can keep their firing solution.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Sat, 26. May 12, 11:16

the Boreas's turn rate isn't high enough to stop its turrets locking, infact i dont know of a Cap Ship ingame that has that issue.
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”