Combat Fail - My Wings Won't Shoot (they are armed)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Blue Ice

Combat Fail - My Wings Won't Shoot (they are armed)

Post by Blue Ice » Mon, 28. May 12, 11:49

Hello. I good searched this as well did a search in this forum and FAQ. I creadted a few wings of L fighters. They have lasers weapons and some missiles. I give them orders to attack enemies in the sector they are in. All they do is fly towards the enemies, manuever like that are attacking, but nothing is coming out. The enemy ships aren't taking damage and all that evenutally happens is my wings get obliterated. Can someone tell me what might I be doing wrong. Thank you.
~Blue Ice~
When will the Ice strike you?

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Mon, 28. May 12, 11:55

Which game and is this IS (In Sector, i.e. you are in the same sector) or OOS (Out Of Sector, i.e. you are in some other sector)? Important because each game handles these scenario's differently.

Assumption 1... the fighters can actually mount the guns you have bought for them?

Assumption 2... the guns are installed on the fighters (should happen by default).

Also up the missile fire percentage to make them use missiles more often.

Blue Ice

Post by Blue Ice » Mon, 28. May 12, 12:09

This is for X3:AP. I thought they the weapons might not be installed, so I jumped in one and was able to fire. I am currently terran and I have Xenon invading the Astroid Belt. They are fighter class ships (L).
~Blue Ice~

Gosnell
x4

Post by Gosnell » Mon, 28. May 12, 13:43

What combat commands do they have i normally put to attack my target works fine.

Blue Ice

Post by Blue Ice » Mon, 28. May 12, 15:07

I set them to "Attack All Enemies". They move to the enemy ships (undock if necessary) and just fly to them, but do not attack. Some just sit there and just take it. While the enemy ships fly all around shooting.
~Blue Ice~

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 28. May 12, 15:19

Are those Xenon Ls armed with only PBEs? If so and you are IS then, as a wing rather than individuals, they all may be turning to avoid collision with the target(s) before getting into effective range.

Try them not as a wing but as a group where you specify a leader or two and then tell others to protect, attack nearest enemy to, and attack target of, the leader.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”