XRM boarding with M7M question

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Reliku
x4

XRM boarding with M7M question

Post by Reliku » Tue, 29. May 12, 04:46

I am stumped, the M7M in XRM has been altered so much that the original methods would not work. I understand the need to change, and its good, but I have exhausted my imagination on how to successfully board using M7M, the reload time of missiles are long, the L button only fires 1 missile, no barrage option, I tried to use turrets which have better effects, but somehow they dont always fire the maximum amount of missiles(firing pattern unpredictable, senshi with 8 right tubes fireing only 4 missiles..etc), switching from hammer to flail takes about a minute, PODS fire 1 at a time with what appears to be a 5 sec delay? Enemy prioritize pods over drones...

I am not even sure if I should be asking in this forum, but if you are experienced with XRM M7M boarding, could you please offer some hints?

Thank you in advance.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 29. May 12, 05:00

Ask a mod to merge this with the XRM thread, which I feel is the best place for it. - You should get suggestions from the other users there.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Tue, 29. May 12, 09:35

I just started an XRM game and have yet to get an M7M so I don't have any suggestions for boarding using pods - however, I can recommend Cycrow's Boarding script as a viable alternative. Being able to beam troops across into the enemy ship really cuts out a lot of the nonsense that's in boarding currently.

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Tue, 29. May 12, 11:06

Treelor wrote:I just started an XRM game and have yet to get an M7M so I don't have any suggestions for boarding using pods - however, I can recommend Cycrow's Boarding script as a viable alternative. Being able to beam troops across into the enemy ship really cuts out a lot of the nonsense that's in boarding currently.

Or completely ignore Marine factor, and use MW's Hijacker. :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”