Why my Express wont use JumpDrive?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The3rdWings

Why my Express wont use JumpDrive?

Post by The3rdWings » Wed, 30. May 12, 21:49

Hello
I have a nice big spacefuel complex and an Express assigned to it to deliver crystals, it got JumpDrive on it, and it assigned to auto jump and refuel yet the Express still fly around without jumping.... :(
What am I doing wrong?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 30. May 12, 23:22

What command did you give the Express? If you're using the CAG bonus pack software, the pilot has to level up before it can use the jumpdrive. Also, what jump parameters have you set?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Thrasher91604
x3tc

Post by Thrasher91604 » Wed, 30. May 12, 23:25

Is it a CAG or CLS?

What is the level of the trader?

Make sure the price of crystals is set low enough that the jump drive limit for the ship/station isn't exceeded.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Thu, 31. May 12, 02:15

It might not have enough onboard space to load up the jumpfuel to where it wants to go. Try with a freighter instead.

The3rdWings

Post by The3rdWings » Thu, 31. May 12, 09:04

Hey, sorry for the lack of info.
I'm playing X3-AP without any mods
The command is set to "Buy.. Best Price > Crystals"
It doesn't have any levels as I don't use mods (I guess?)
Jump set to 0
Got enough free space on it
and it usually goes through 3 gates to get the crystals

Yet it wont jump! =\

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 31. May 12, 13:16

Manually give it enough e-cells for a return trip before you give it the trade command. A TS would be better than a TP but also could have the same issue. The best settings are:

autojump = yes
min jump = 1
refuel = At least 2 x (complex trading range +1)

It will only refuel at your own stations/complex with e-cells available and more usually only after returning to your complex with crystals.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Thrasher91604
x3tc

Post by Thrasher91604 » Thu, 31. May 12, 17:45

All CAG traders have leveling system. They start at level 1 and gain experience and level up as they trade over time. Level 1 traders (Apprentice) will only buy. Level 2 traders (Courier) will buy and sell. A level 4 or higher CAG will use a jump a drive. There's more here:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690

Cheers!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 31. May 12, 17:54

The OP says he gave it the Best Buy command rather than Commercial Agent - or at least that is what I took this to mean:
"The command is set to "Buy.. Best Price > Crystals""

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 31. May 12, 19:41

One more question: where is the spacefuel complex?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

The3rdWings

Post by The3rdWings » Thu, 31. May 12, 21:42

Nanook wrote:One more question: where is the spacefuel complex?
Its located at under Elenas Fortune (Split something... a pirate sector)
I set the jump as said here, still he wont jump! :(
I also gave it 100 eCells, didnt helped...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 31. May 12, 22:26

What's the jump range setting on your complex?

The3rdWings

Post by The3rdWings » Fri, 1. Jun 12, 13:22

Nanook wrote:What's the jump range setting on your complex?
Ok I figured out the problem... it ran out of eCells!
But now i have a new problem - it keeps on running out of eCells while jumping yet it wont refuel itself even though I I tried both 0 and 5 jumps for refueling? =\

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 1. Jun 12, 13:33

I gave you the refuel formula 7 posts up. :roll: Say the complex is set to 3 sectors trading then the refuel should be at least 2 x (3 + 1) = 8 jumps. Set it for 10 jumps (equiv to 100 e-cells for a TP) to be safe.

As I also said there it usually only refuels at your complex after it returns with crystals, that was why it is best to give it the first formula's worth of e-cells manually before you set it off with the trading order as that reserves that space for fuel rather than cargo and gives it something to jump outward with.

If you set refuel to 0 jumps then it is hardly surprising that it doesn't refuel!

The3rdWings

Post by The3rdWings » Fri, 1. Jun 12, 16:43

Alan Phipps wrote:I gave you the refuel formula 7 posts up. :roll: Say the complex is set to 3 sectors trading then the refuel should be at least 2 x (3 + 1) = 8 jumps. Set it for 10 jumps (equiv to 100 e-cells for a TP) to be safe.

As I also said there it usually only refuels at your complex after it returns with crystals, that was why it is best to give it the first formula's worth of e-cells manually before you set it off with the trading order as that reserves that space for fuel rather than cargo and gives it something to jump outward with.

If you set refuel to 0 jumps then it is hardly surprising that it doesn't refuel!
K so I tried:
Transferred 200 eCells to Express
Set refuel jumps to 8
Order best buy -> Crystals

Sure he jumped for a while, until he ran out of ecells, and he just keep on flying without refueling... maybe its a bug due to ship class?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 1. Jun 12, 17:54

Short test. Take it to your complex and then unload it of all cargo and e-cells except installed ship equipment and weapons. Make sure the refuel is set to 8 as you say and autojump is 'yes'. Now manually order it to undock and then to dock again back at your complex straight away and see if it then loads up 80 e-cells from your complex on docking. If not, either the ship or class or its orders and set-up is bugged/unsuitable or your complex does not have any e-cells.

If it does load fuel then something has to be wrong with what you are actually asking it to do and it is going far more than the 3 sectors away that you implied you had the complex hub trading range set to.

Sanity check: - you are starting it off (ie giving the trade command) when it is at the complex to which it is homebased and that wants the crystals, aren't you?

The3rdWings

Post by The3rdWings » Fri, 1. Jun 12, 20:42

Alan Phipps wrote:Short test. Take it to your complex and then unload it of all cargo and e-cells except installed ship equipment and weapons. Make sure the refuel is set to 8 as you say and autojump is 'yes'. Now manually order it to undock and then to dock again back at your complex straight away and see if it then loads up 80 e-cells from your complex on docking. If not, either the ship or class or its orders and set-up is bugged/unsuitable or your complex does not have any e-cells.

If it does load fuel then something has to be wrong with what you are actually asking it to do and it is going far more than the 3 sectors away that you implied you had the complex hub trading range set to.

Sanity check: - you are starting it off (ie giving the trade command) when it is at the complex to which it is homebased and that wants the crystals, aren't you?
K here is an update
it refuel itself with 80 eCells indeed, but it appears that when its down to 10 eCells instead of refueling at the nearest solar power plant, he flying back to the station instead? Maybe it suppose to be that way?
Or maybe I should raise the price from eCells so that he will be able to spend more?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 1. Jun 12, 20:49

The3rdWings wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:Short test. Take it to your complex and then unload it of all cargo and e-cells except installed ship equipment and weapons. Make sure the refuel is set to 8 as you say and autojump is 'yes'. Now manually order it to undock and then to dock again back at your complex straight away and see if it then loads up 80 e-cells from your complex on docking. If not, either the ship or class or its orders and set-up is bugged/unsuitable or your complex does not have any e-cells.

K here is an update
it refuel itself with 80 eCells indeed, but it appears that when its down to 10 eCells instead of refueling at the nearest solar power plant, he flying back to the station instead? Maybe it suppose to be that way?
Or maybe I should raise the price from eCells so that he will be able to spend more?
They will never fly to another station, even an SPP, to refuel. As Alan said above, they only refuel at the station it's homebased at, assuming energy is available. Otherwise, it can't use the jumpdrive.

The3rdWings

Post by The3rdWings » Fri, 1. Jun 12, 21:37

Nanook wrote:
The3rdWings wrote:

K here is an update
They will never fly to another station, even an SPP, to refuel. As Alan said above, they only refuel at the station it's homebased at, assuming energy is available. Otherwise, it can't use the jumpdrive.
\

I see...
And is there a way to raise the 80 ecells cup?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 1. Jun 12, 22:06

The3rdWings wrote:And is there a way to raise the 80 ecells up?
Er yes, rather obviously raise the refuel jumps figure.

For a TP refuel, 8 jumps = 80 e-cells, 10 jumps = 100 e-cells, 20 jumps = 200 e-cells, etc.

Mind you, if you have the refuel formula right using the actual station trading range then you should not run out of e-cells anyway - unless your trader does a non-trading jump to evade an attack or you manually command a diversion. You never did tell use what the max trading range set on the complex hub was - that is the figure to use in the refuel formula and not how far away you 'expect' they will trade.

PS. Please don't keep making multiple nested quotes. Just quote the bit, if any, you are replying to as I did in this post.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”