Does this still apply

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Turnus
x4

Does this still apply

Post by Turnus » Wed, 30. May 12, 01:35

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=299648

Please tell me they fixed this... I like Terran equipment...

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Wed, 30. May 12, 02:41

The Rapier only mounts EMPCs. The EMPC is like a combination of PAC and HEPT. The Terrans have no equivalent of the IRE, which most Commonwealth M5s mount. That is why the EMPC is so expensive compared to the ship, and also why they can't be fired for very long

Turnus
x4

Post by Turnus » Wed, 30. May 12, 05:34

jkjklkl wrote:The Rapier only mounts EMPCs. The EMPC is like a combination of PAC and HEPT. The Terrans have no equivalent of the IRE, which most Commonwealth M5s mount. That is why the EMPC is so expensive compared to the ship, and also why they can't be fired for very long
I was talking about the game erasing terran factories.. >.<

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Wed, 30. May 12, 05:49

Turnus wrote:
jkjklkl wrote:The Rapier only mounts EMPCs. The EMPC is like a combination of PAC and HEPT. The Terrans have no equivalent of the IRE, which most Commonwealth M5s mount. That is why the EMPC is so expensive compared to the ship, and also why they can't be fired for very long
I was talking about the game erasing terran factories.. >.<
Unfortunately, it does still apply. However, if you buy cheap M5s and dock them at the factories, erasure will be prevented.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 30. May 12, 21:03

There's nothing to 'fix', at least for the devs. While the Terran economy will deteriorate over time, the player can 'fix' it using the above technique of parking ships in critical factories as well as deploying Sector Traders using the Trade Command Mk III software to stimulate the economy.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 30. May 12, 22:41

Except GoD still sometimes laughs and blows up the station anyway. Usually with your valuable Advanced Discoverer onboard.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 30. May 12, 22:50

Triaxx2 wrote:Except GoD still sometimes laughs and blows up the station anyway. Usually with your valuable Advanced Discoverer onboard.
That's why you should use the cheapest disposable ship available.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 30. May 12, 22:55

Triaxx2 wrote:Except GoD still sometimes laughs and blows up the station anyway. Usually with your valuable Advanced Discoverer onboard.
GoD NEVER touches stations with your ships on board. No exceptions. Hence the "blowing up" part actually being some marauding pirates or something.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Thrasher91604
x3tc

Post by Thrasher91604 » Wed, 30. May 12, 22:56

I wonder if that's what happened to my Mercury Super Freighter that was mysteriously destroyed OOS in Mercury?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 30. May 12, 23:03

That was answered in the other thread you asked the exact same question. Let's not hijack this topic, which is about the economy, not disappearing ships.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Thu, 31. May 12, 16:20

Nanook wrote:There's nothing to 'fix', at least for the devs.
But surely there is. Yes, it's possible to use workarounds, or a mod, but that shouldn't be required for the game to work as intended. And I doubt it's intended that Terran equipment should be impossible to use after a while unless the player takes it upon themselves to focus on fixing the Terran economy.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Thu, 31. May 12, 19:23

Elucca wrote:
Nanook wrote:There's nothing to 'fix', at least for the devs.
But surely there is. Yes, it's possible to use workarounds, or a mod, but that shouldn't be required for the game to work as intended. And I doubt it's intended that Terran equipment should be impossible to use after a while unless the player takes it upon themselves to focus on fixing the Terran economy.
I actually agree with Nanook here. While I'm not saying that the Terran economy should self-destruct, there is nothing inherently broken, and therefore nothing to fix. After all, GoD is working as intended, removing stations that aren't in use.

Personally, I like that the Terran economy collapses without player intervention. It gives an economic goal to work for (reviving and sustaining the economy) which is a nice diversion from all the fighting that my games inevitably tend towards.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 31. May 12, 19:44

Sorry, but I've had sufficient evidence to the contrary to say that GoD will destroy stations you have assets on. Unless you show me code that checks if there's a player ship docked, then you can't say 'NEVER'.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 31. May 12, 19:46

Well, it's "NEVER" happened to me. :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”