New computer/X3Rebirth specs

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

lexraider
x3tc

New computer/X3Rebirth specs

Post by lexraider » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 10:14

I desperately need to upgrade my computer ie. a new one but dont want to do so until I know the requirements for X3Rebirth. My present one runs X3TC Ok but I need to lower the graphics etc, and even then when there is a lot of action the game tends to lag, sometimes a lot. Any ideas of the requiremnets I need to get on a new one, to run X3Rebirth at full strength (so to speak) . (please bear in mind I am a Tecnophobe!!)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 10:43

We don't know yet. You need to check the X-Rebirth forum rather than X3 Tech Support for future announcements as they happen. There are a lot of system discussion threads already there but they are mainly player speculation apart from the fact that X-Rebirth will be able to use multiple cpu threads (but not yet known how many).

PS: Regarding this thread title and OP, X-Rebirth is neither X3 nor X4 - it is a totally new game concept and engine.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”