Hub/no hub in AP? Also some questions...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KaZTek
x3tc

Hub/no hub in AP? Also some questions...

Post by KaZTek » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 00:28

I'm reading conflicting posts regarding the existence of the Hub in AP. Some say it does exist, some say it doesnt. I may have missed the official memo on this so could someone point me to the definitive answer?

Another relative newbie question I've been having is the state of the AP war storylines. I'm playing the Argon Peacekeeper and just got the storyline M6 Centaur. As much as I dislike flying the Centaur (it looks like a liner, flies like a pig), I fear I've got nothing better that I can use other than the starting Nova (which I'm switching back to now).

I'm recieving many war reports requiring my attention. Problem is, they're in opposite sides of the universe, and in sectors I havent explored in this savegame. Is this intended or am I facing a bugged game?

A next step would be a nice idea for me, as I'm wondering what to do with the limited options I have for me (Adv Disco, the M6, and the Nova I'm flying soon again) and a limited universe map. Any tricks from AP veterans?

I'm thinking:
  • * Unlock more of the universe using the Disco
    * Get my aggression out using the M3, and learning what I can and cannot bite
    * Use the M6 as a makeshift trader once I find some lucrative trade runs
    * Build up a sizable credit account before investing in factories (of which I'll need ideas on what and where)
--

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 01:37

basically if you play a start that allows you the main AP plot you can get the hub by completing the AtreusCorp plot. if you play Terran then no you cannot get the HUB

the Centaur is not a fighter so dont treat it as one, i personally find it a very nice flyer. its not that powerful though compaired to other M6's. as for the war reports, ignore them, they are more or less background noise to emphisis the war but actually mean nothing, just because the war report says something doesn't mean its happening, you can turn them off in the ingame settings.

in terms of advice, its hard to tell someone what to do, i probably do things a good bit different than other players, thats the wonders of X, there are quite a few play styles in the game. but what i would suggest:

1. defo start mapping, if you have only done the missions and stayed to those sectors you got a long way to go, normally i get a Zepherus (TM) or 2 from Legends Home and then buy Kestrels from PTNI for doing my mapping. make sure to buy the Explorer command software when you buy them as its as good as a must if you wanna map the universe.
2. learn what you want in the Nova Proto you got but look into other M3's, once you get the end plot reward id probably say stick to that for a while to learn in, its well sheilded and packs a punch and not that slow either. (im not going to say anything more on it if you aint got that far yet) but id defo start getting used to fighting in an M6, they are one of the best player ship classes in the game, if not thee best (obviously this depends what kind of player you are). imo they have a big enough punch to hurt bigger ships and still the speed/agility to deal with fighters.
3. your Centaur as a trader wont be that great, id personally reckomend nothing below 2500 units of XL cargobay space for a trader, this is because once your traders rank up they will start carrying ECells, Fighter drones, as well as the sellable goods. my personal favorite if the Chokaro (TM) you get from the Yaki in Senators Badlands. but the OTAS Mistrals are good traders as well. again those ships are my personal choices.
4. this is a Chicken and Egg arguement, my personal veiw is to build stations in safe areas as soon as you get the money, because they have the ability to earn you money whilst your doing your work... once you get a few solo stations kicking about and maybe build up 20-30 traders youll start to see decent returns, thats when i start letting my account build up so you can start building complex's. but as always, thats my veiw point. as to what stations id say do a search on the forums, there has got to be litteraly hundreds of topics on "first station" ideas.
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 03:27

Well at least the AP Hub Plot is a lot more tolerable to TC (hallelujah I just completed my TC Hub plot on my non DiD game. Time to start planning for DiD on from my trail and errors on the non). But, Like ConCorDian mention only if you don't do any Terran starts do you get Hub access.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 04:16

Just remember when it comes to stations the more common products sell better. Mosquito and IRE or PACS sell well in the right areas. 1mj shields, spaceweed and space fuel are commonly seen as the best sellers but it all depends on what your investing, the sector, how big your complex is going to be and of course, demand!

KaZTek
x3tc

Post by KaZTek » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 05:13

Lord_Dakier wrote:Just remember when it comes to stations the more common products sell better. Mosquito and IRE or PACS sell well in the right areas. 1mj shields, spaceweed and space fuel are commonly seen as the best sellers but it all depends on what your investing, the sector, how big your complex is going to be and of course, demand!
Back in the day, location was also vitally important, mainly for security reasons. Considering the war and the new race response fleets in AP, that isnt the case as much anymore, which changes the usual "this is good in this sector" advice quite a bit that I've known well enough.
--

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 07:26

You also may have read older posts from the original release.
When AP was first available ,you only had the main plot.
UFJD/PHQ and hub were added in an update,along with a few bug and exploit fixes.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”