[AP]Satellites Disappearing?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Id13

[AP]Satellites Disappearing?

Post by Id13 » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 22:51

So, some of mine have started to disappear...mostly in pirate sectors. which of course makes sense. However, some don't. Now, this never happened before 2.0. I'm wondering if there is a trick to placement so that enemies don't destroy them or whatever?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 22:57

If you haven't lost them before, you've just been lucky. There's no totally secure location you can put them that they can't be found and attacked. If you're looking for satellite tracking of traffic, they have to be within range of possible enemies, anyway.

If you just want the ability to see prices in factories, then what I do is park a cheap ship in one of the stations, which allows you to see prices and quantities anywhere in the sector. Even that's not secure, though, because any enemy of the race who owns the station may come and blow it up, along with your ship.

I guess the bottom line is that the X-Universe is a dangerous place and you have to expect losses, and plan ahead for them. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 23:34

Nanook wrote:If you just want the ability to see prices in factories, then what I do is park a cheap ship in one of the stations, which allows you to see prices and quantities anywhere in the sector. Even that's not secure, though, because any enemy of the race who owns the station may come and blow it up, along with your ship.
There's been a discussion about this very subject in a recent thread, one view being that GoD never destroys a station which contains a player ship. The other view being that GoD doesn't discriminate in the players favour.
Personally I hold the second view, well at least for X3R when I lost a brand new tiger during an invasion mission in BHS when the EQ was destroyed!
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 23:40

You're confusing 'GoD' action with enemy action. GoD is the Global Decision Engine that places and removes stations for economic reasons. It has nothing to do with enemy action. And Equipment Docks, Trading Stations and Shipyards (among other 'government' stations) are NEVER removed by GoD. But any station, unless it's an indestructible plot station, can be destroyed by enemy action.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 23:46

I wish I had known this 5-6 years ago! I would have got my tiger out of there pronto before excepting the mission! :lol:
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”