X2 asteroid mining tools

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

samoja

X2 asteroid mining tools

Post by samoja » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 13:38

Well, i want to mine asteroid mobile way, not so much for the sake of mining but i was told that said asteroid will respawn in a couple of game days with random yield. I want to establish wheat production in Cloudbase south west to suply all those rimes fact. But i need silicon first if i'm going to make my PP there self sustaining, and there is only one silicon asteroid with very low yield so i was hoping by continuously blowing it up itll eventually respawn with enough yield that i can build a good mine there, t have a problem tough, Paranid equipment dock is out of mining lasers(haven't yet found them elsewhere) and i saw no factory that in fact make those, so i cant see how in the world are they get restocked, please help.

Vacuity

Post by Vacuity » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 14:59

Firstly: consider getting the X2 Sector Planner tool. That makes it easy to find a list of stations and docks selling whatever item you're looking for.

If you're really desperate, you could always consider building your own factory as there's plenty of places to sell them and only a few factories producing them.

Secondly, as it takes a few in-game days for asteroids to respawn and there's no guarantee you'll be lucky and have a decent yield when it respawns each time, you might want to just build a mine elsewhere rather than wait an unknown number of in-game days (weeks?) waiting for a decent asteroid to appear. If you don't know where other decent asteroids are, consider getting the asteroid seeker utility to help you out.

DeadlyDarkness
x3tc

Post by DeadlyDarkness » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 16:22

You can use the CLS from the bonus pack to resupply far away bases. Once they level up they will use a jumpdrive to get to places. Also, there are some high yield asteroids in Ore belt you can use, which is right next to it! Just build a silicon mine there and use the buy ware commands from the station to grab them.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X2 asteroid mining tools

Post by Nanook » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 18:45

samoja wrote:Well, i want to mine asteroid mobile way, not so much for the sake of mining but i was told that said asteroid will respawn in a couple of game days with random yield. I want to establish wheat production in Cloudbase south west to suply all those rimes fact. But i need silicon first if i'm going to make my PP there self sustaining, and there is only one silicon asteroid with very low yield so i was hoping by continuously blowing it up itll eventually respawn with enough yield that i can build a good mine there, t have a problem tough, Paranid equipment dock is out of mining lasers(haven't yet found them elsewhere) and i saw no factory that in fact make those, so i cant see how in the world are they get restocked, please help.
Sorry, I don't think there's an automatic mobile mining system in X2. Pretty sure that was introduced in X3 Reunion. There may be scripts available, though, in the X2 Scripting and Modding forum. Check there if you're interested in going that route. Otherwise, it's manual mining only.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

samoja

Post by samoja » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 21:23

1. there is because there are tools(not modded in)
2. Ore belt is not an option because as i heard its not a very good idea to build there before plot is over.
3. i am willing to wait as long as it takes, ill only be richer anyway, i am also planing to kill 2 asteroids in Ringo moon(that is where my base of operations is) one with silicon and another with ore, so i can have another silicon mine and ore mine to produce 1MW shields.
4 i found another Paranid trading dock and luckily it had one available, but for some reason Mercury won't mount it, which ship do i need to mount it?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 21:43

samoja wrote:1. there is because there are tools(not modded in)...
If you're referring to my comment about no automated mining in X2, I'd be very interested to know what 'tools' you're talking about. There's a Mobile Mining Guide for X2 in the stickied guides thread and it mentions nothing about automated mining. Nor do I recall ever having that ability in X2 back when I played it. So I'd really like to know what tools you're talking about. :?:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

samoja

Post by samoja » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 21:49

Nanook wrote:
samoja wrote:1. there is because there are tools(not modded in)...
If you're referring to my comment about no automated mining in X2, I'd be very interested to know what 'tools' you're talking about. There's a Mobile Mining Guide for X2 in the stickied guides thread and it mentions nothing about automated mining. Nor do I recall ever having that ability in X2 back when I played it. So I'd really like to know what tools you're talking about. :?:
Oh, sry i taught you said there was no manual mining, as i said i don't care all that much for what i get, it is a nice bonus but my main purpose is to crack an asteroid so another one(hopefully with better yield) can take its place so i can set up a mine on it.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 7. Jun 12, 11:05

4 i found another Paranid trading dock and luckily it had one available, but for some reason Mercury won't mount it, which ship do i need to mount it?
Split Caiman, Paranid Demeter and Teladi Vulture can mount the Mobile Drilling system.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”