Mining Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mastercool
x3tc

Mining Question

Post by mastercool » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 02:53

in X3TC iam having to mine for vididium. so i have a miner ship and it is a TS and has special command andweapons and ore collecter and mobile drilling system and triplex scanner. i did read the how to mine lesson that i was told to read. my question is that i have found an asteroid of vididium and when i get close to it and use special command to start mining it does not list vididium so how can i mine the asteroid? also i have missiles and they wont fire at the asteroid. thanks so much foe your help already and for any more help you can give.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 03:01

You have to mine nividium youself. That is you must pilot the ship and use the mining laser yourself on the nividium 'roid. Once you have broken up the asteroid into sufficiently small pieces you can then collect them.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 07:51

Throw a big missile at the asteroid. I think the smallest that will work is the Hornet. Use regular lasers to break up the debris into smaller chunks and plant a satellite in the middle of it all. After that, buy some "Miner" ships and tell them to move to the position of the satellite. You don't need to buy any software for them, as everything you need is preinstalled. In the meantime, leave the sector. Once they arrive, tell them to "Collect rocks" and they should start filling up with Nividium

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 14:02

Yup, the Collect Rocks command is what you need, but the asteroid must be broken up beforehand. You'll need a mining drill to break it up, or one of the missiles or regular lasers that actually can break up a big roid (IRE's for example can't).

Then all the Collect Rocks ships will need a weapon installed so they can continue to break up the smaller rocks to collect them. One IRE will suffice, but you must be careful which type of TS ship you use for the job because not all of them can install weapons (or mining drills).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 15:37

ajax34i wrote ".. or regular lasers that actually can break up a big roid (IRE's for example can't).."

In X3TC at least, no 'regular laser' can break a full-size asteroid apart from the MDS. Use that or a high-yield missile. Any damage laser can (eventually) break any rock below full asteroid size, including IREs.

ajax34i wrote ".. all the Collect Rocks ships will need a weapon installed so they can continue to break up the smaller rocks to collect them."

The collect rocks command does not need a laser as it does not further break any rocks; the ship only collects the smallest size of rocks. Mobile mining and mine and trade commands use a laser to break rocks (not full-size asteroids though, even with MDS fitted) but you cannot use any of those commands to collect Nividium.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 15:54

Thanks. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”