Specific SETA issue

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

freecad9

Specific SETA issue

Post by freecad9 » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 18:02

I sincerely apoligize if this has been addressed already, however I couldnt find any solution.

My problem is that after installing Albion Prelude from steam, I know have a problem with SETA.

With x3tc I was able to activate SETA and Alt Tab out to do other things. Now when I play x3tc or x3ap and I alt tab, SETA disengages and my speed of my ship goes -10 backwards. I have:

run game in background
fly ship far away from anything to avoid police and pirates
I touch no keys and press and hold alt then press tab
It worked before with x3tc just fine even though my game has heavy mods
Tried windowed mode and different res and same result

I tried doing a vanilla install of x3tc and still is an issue.

Now for the first 5 mins or so it works, and If I close the games completely and start again I can use SETA for another 5 mins and then it malfunctions with both games.

Im at a loss with it and I cant just wait around al day for my TS to level up so any help on this would be awesome.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 18:11

The reversing issue can be caused by having a joystick with its throttle set to the minimum and accidentally knocking it, causing the game to set your speed to -10. The SETA thing when alt-tabbing works either when you DO have video enhancement goggles or you don't. I think you DO have to have the VEGs to be able to maintain SETA when alt-tabbing.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 18:12

Similar issue thread here - possible workaround but no total solution though.

Check in Options, Controls that Alt and Tab do not have other key bindings to throttle speed etc.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

freecad9

Post by freecad9 » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 18:23

The post provided offered no solution. I dont have a joystick and have tried unbounding keys, right alt tab no use. If you could tell me what specific files are responsible for SETA then I would like to look at them.

Im pretty confident that my issue cannot be resolved because I have troubleshot everything that was discussed. Clearly was caused when I installed Albion Prelude because it worked fine on x3tc before but now does not. Perhaps the registry has been effected in some way.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 18:26

Do you have any USB controllers or gamepads plugged in? A stuck or intermittent key on one could cause such an issue.

freecad9

Post by freecad9 » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 18:31

No USB controllers or stuck keys, I think it a core issue. Both games are patched up to date, the only work around Is to kill the games and reload.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 18:42

Just for completeness, there are several other previous threads of a similar nature.

Just put 'SETA Alt-Tab' into the top box of this Google search of these forums: http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_search ... gosoft.com

freecad9

Post by freecad9 » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 19:34

Ill search and search thanks everybody for trying.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”