X3TC Goner Plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lexraider
x3tc

X3TC Goner Plot

Post by lexraider » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 22:19

I'm at the stage where I'm asked to deliver 3 TS to the Goners in EoL, but when I get them there, nobody seems interested. Who do I give them to. Do I have to be flying one of them?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 22:24

You need to tell them to dock at the station indicated by the Mission Guidance yellow chevrons (normally SPP M Alpha). You should not be in any of them.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Turnus
x4

Post by Turnus » Fri, 8. Jun 12, 22:41

Alan Phipps wrote:You need to tell them to dock at the station indicated by the Mission Guidance yellow chevrons (normally SPP M Alpha). You should not be in any of them.
HE will also need to check his messages as they will ask him which ones he wants to give up. EDIT: I spent 30 minutes with my ships in said station before i realized my messages were flashing.

lexraider
x3tc

Post by lexraider » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 10:06

There are only two stations :- Cattle ranch and Rimes Fact. The only object indicated is the Ozias. I've landed at both stations and nothing happens on either. (I've done an extensive search of the sector and there appears to be nothing else there)

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 10:55

When the plot starts one of the stations in Elysium of Light is selected for the mission - this station is flagged as invincible, and not set as vulnerable until the end of the plot.

It is this station you need to deliver the ships to - if it isn't there then some script/mod or other nefarious means have removed it from your game...

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 11:14

Make sure that you have mission guidance turned on. Then as Alan Phipps states you should get yellow pointer arrows to the correct station., and you order the TS to land there.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 12:01

A less immersion breaking solution: Dock one ship at one of the stations. If they don't ask about it, it's probably the other station.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 14:30

Hmmm, interesting theological question follows:- Is a temporarily invincible/invulnerable plot station also made GoD-proof?

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 14:39

Alan Phipps wrote:Hmmm, interesting theological question follows:- Is a temporarily invincible/invulnerable plot station also made GoD-proof?
I have always assumed so, otherwise there would be little point in making it so a plot critical station couldn't be accidentally destroyed, only to have GoD zap it out of existence mid plot, thus breaking it...

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 14:43

Alan Phipps wrote:Hmmm, interesting theological question follows:- Is a temporarily invincible/invulnerable plot station also made GoD-proof?
I believe yes if the plot has started. And no before and after.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 14:45

Yes it is logical and an obvious thing to code for permanent plot stations - but did the coder also remember when setting up temporary plot stations selected from already-present normal ones? See lexraider's last post above.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 14:55

Now there's a point! Only 2 stations? there's usually an SPP in that sector also, as you state. But I can't see GoD destroying that as most npc SPPs make a profit.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 15:24

Alan Phipps wrote:Yes it is logical and an obvious thing to code for permanent plot stations - but did the coder also remember when setting up temporary plot stations selected from already-present normal ones? See lexraider's last post above.
In most instances there is a back up plan whether it's creating a station or looking further afield.

In the Goner plot this isn't so... However, as the only requirement for it is player age is a minimum of 60s, the chances of GoD removing all four of the stations that start in Elysium of Light during the first 60s of a new game before the station is set as invincible is fairly remote... Despite him moving in mysterious ways... :P

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 9. Jun 12, 15:31

dillpickle wrote:In the Goner plot this isn't so... However, as the only requirement for it is player age is a minimum of 60s, the chances of GoD removing all four of the stations that start in Elysium of Light during the first 60s of a new game before the station is set as invincible is fairly remote... Despite him moving in mysterious ways...
I feel a headache coming on! :(

lexraider
x3tc

Post by lexraider » Sun, 10. Jun 12, 09:42

Sorted. The solution was simple in the end. I just contacted the Ozias and reaccepted the mission. The Cattle ranch was highlighted immediately and as my ships were landed there I was asked to hand them over. Job done. Cheers guys

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”