<ap> Kha'ak Fighter good or bad

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Viivrabe
x3tc

<ap> Kha'ak Fighter good or bad

Post by Viivrabe » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 07:27

i found a kha'ak fighter with 3 beta kyon Emitters.

im playing on dead is dead atm, and im wondering how good is this ship?
is it safe to go from my M5 to this "better" ship, or should i stick with the "speed is safety" motto i have been running with so far

in other words, can this thing go toe to toe with other fighters, and survive, or should i stick with my fast M5 to help me avoide combat

Note, i do not intend it actively seek out fights, just survive if i happen to get in one

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 08:23

I personally kept the weapons and sold the ship (for a very good reason but I don't want to spoil the game for you.) The fighter isn't to bad a ship in itself, however having only beta kyons available is a big drain on the laser energy and you could end up twiddling your thumbs waiting for it to recharge while enemy just keeps merrily shooting at you.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 14:40

Personally, I avoid flying any M3 that doesn't have a rear turret. An M3 can't outrun most of the deadlier missles like an M5 can, and turning around in mid-fight to blast them off your tail gets to be a pain, especially when your fight rank increases and Pirates start spamming missles every 10 seconds. Setting a turret-mounted IRE on "Missles Only" pretty well ends that problem.

msmiller

Post by msmiller » Tue, 19. Jun 12, 12:22

in my situation being a beginner, i tend to study on my move to avoid any failure and reviewing the right weapon to use for good defense.
"Your eyes looks like hunting knives while staring at me."

devilsad
x3tc

Post by devilsad » Tue, 19. Jun 12, 22:30

The KM3 used to be quite overpowered in the earlier games, but in AP I think it's been surpassed due to the hull increases and missile-spamming given to all the other ships. I tried one for a bit but it seemed ridiculously flimsy, pirates with PBGs ate it for breakfast, the lasers cut out at the worst times and as already mentioned, missiles make your life hell.

In a DiD game I would definitely not use it. You'll get overconfident because it's very easy to take out single enemies with it in one pass, and then two or three will catch you and you're toast. For a DiD game you really need to have that constant fear of immediate death that keeps you playing careful and running away at the first sign of laser fire, at least until you get an M6 or preferably an M7.

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 10:37

I wasn't even aware the Kha'ak were still around in AP as I've not seen eve one...

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 13:16

Etyneo wrote:I wasn't even aware the Kha'ak were still around in AP as I've not seen eve one...
In fact they aren't as their Queen Hive was destroyed during OFF in TC. However, since there is no more Central Control Center for all Khaak ships, all of their ships are now floating out there. Of those, some were in X universe space when the Control Center went down, so you can now find and claim them...

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”