Just a thought about the Argon.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Coreblimey
x3tc

Just a thought about the Argon.

Post by Coreblimey » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 22:33

Why is it that when new stuff gets added to the games the poor Argon get left out? For instance the other four main races have new style equipment docks. Not the Argon! they still have the old style 'cross barred' dock. The boron have a new super destroyer (as do the Xenon) yet seeing as the Argon & Boron are partrners in crime so to speak, why was there no collaberation between the two so that the Argon could keep apace.
I've also read that the Teladi Guppy and the Paranid Ariadne can each carry a TS. Am I right in assuming that the Griffon can't.
I'm also aware that the Aran was built by the Argon as a gift for the Goner. Why don't they use one or more themselves?

Will thy ever catch up? I just wondered?
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Troyminator
x4

Post by Troyminator » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 22:55

True, the Griffon can't carry a TS, but it does have 4GJ of shielding and pretty decent weapon power for its class. Compared to the Guppy and the Ariadne, I think that's a fair trade.

Also:
- Aamon Prototype. The other races didn't get new M3+ ships.
- The Cerberus got a healthy boost to shielding and hangar capacity.
- The Paranid and Split didn't get super destroyers ether.
- True, the Boreas got its shields nerfed, which it didn't deserve, IMO, but I suppose it could be argued that it was a little OP in TC.
- Most of OTAS' ships are now purchasable in AP, which many weren't before, including the Auster, arguably the best bomber in the game.

I don't know, just my opinion, but I don't think the Argon lack for love in AP... though a super Boreas or Titan would be pretty nifty. I must admit.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 23:27

I must admit I do like the Boreas. If I'm not mistaken it's the only M2 that can mount capital weapons in it's up turrets (IBL).
In TC it was more or less a super M2. Stiill pretty good in AP though. I've been piloting it regularly in AP but I've just bought a Megalodon and I'm trying that out. Now if I had only kept those tunings back!
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Mrreg
x3tc

Post by Mrreg » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 23:28

AP is the first X game I've played, but I was kind of assuming OTAS serves to provide Argon's elite vessels. Sure, they don't have a specific super destroyer, but the Boreas is definitely still one of the best, in my opinion. In other categories OTAS or Argon ships also excel. The Colossus is a pretty good M1, the Phantom is probably the best TP, the Notus/Aamon design is an amazing M3+ (not to mention that all the other OTAS fighters are among the best options in their classes), the Zephyr is a very nice TM, and the Minotaur only seems to be bested by the Cobra in terms of traditional M7Ms. As for specialized M7Ms, the OTAs options are pretty amazing. Except for the small cargo capacity, the Heavy Centaur is a strong M6 with a lot of weapon options. The Mistral is my favorite TS to do trade missions in because it's fast and can defend itself well enough to at least escape from an attack.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 23:43

Mrreg wrote:The Mistral is my favorite TS to do trade missions in because it's fast and can defend itself well enough to at least escape from an attack.
Tell that to the two Mistrals I lost recently in GE. Imean! Shot down by an M5 of all things! :lol:

But in all honesty I suspect there was a lot more than just a single M5 involved.
I do agree with you. The mistral and the caiman are my first two choices when buying a TS. Saying that, most of my caimans are second-hand as they crop up quite often in my game. I have never had a mistral offered second-hand, not even in TC. It's usualyl mercurys that pop up for sale.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Re: Just a thought about the Argon.

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 23:49

The "standard" station design, all docks included, has always been the Argon design. You should really be asking why all non-Argon factories etc. are the Argon design.

Also, the Argon always had OTAS ships which were well above the other races. I always thought it'd be nice to see every race have a corporate ship venture, so OTAS for Argon, but NMMC would probably make some awesome heavy transporters, I can see Atreus making a load of cool Boron ships, (they are actually a shipbuilding corp after all!), Strong Arms making fighters, etc.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Catra

Re: Just a thought about the Argon.

Post by Catra » Tue, 12. Jun 12, 23:49

For instance the other four main races have new style equipment docks. Not the Argon! they still have the old style 'cross barred' dock.
because that is the Argon specific EQdock, which everyone else was using.
The boron have a new super destroyer (as do the Xenon) yet seeing as the Argon & Boron are partrners in crime so to speak, why was there no collaberation between the two so that the Argon could keep pace
and the Argon at the beginning of TC got a new destroyer (the Boreas) 2 additional frigates ( Sirokos and Aquilo) a new corvette ( Skiron ) 2 new fighters (Venti Eurus ) 2 additional upgraded fighters ( Notus Solano ) an additional TM ( Zephyr ) and 2 new TS ships ( Mistral and Mistral SF )
I've also read that the Boron Guppy and the Paranid Ariadne can each carry a TS. Am I right in assuming that the Griffon can't
the split and terran M7C can't carry TS ships either.

different races have different specification priorities, plus the griffon has ALOT more going for it ( tons more shielding, much better offensive and defensive capabilities) than either of them.
I'm also aware that the Aran was built by the Argon as a gift for the Goner. Why don't they use one or more themselves?
no, the goner ozias was.

because they already have the Mammoth, which can hold more and actually defend itself if it is attacked ( the Ozias doesnt have weapons nor can it dock any fighters )
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 00:00

But the Goner Ozias can carry a number of TS's

Alas, I am not sure it has ever been able to be owned by the player,except through S/M.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 00:54

Catra wrote:I'm also aware that the Aran was built by the Argon as a gift for the Goner. Why don't they use one or more themselves?

no, the goner ozias was.
The Ozias was an Aran.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 01:23

Nope. The Ozias is a TL and can carry ST-class cargo (stations). The Aran is an M1 and cannot carry stations. Totally different ships.

Aran.

Ozias.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 01:55

I stand corrected yet again. My apologies.

Eventually, if I do enough posts, I'm going to be right! And when I am the whole forum is going to rise to their feet and give ma a round of applause! :lol:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 06:34

Coreblimey wrote:I stand corrected yet again. My apologies.

Eventually, if I do enough posts, I'm going to be right! And when I am the whole forum is going to rise to their feet and give ma a round of applause! :lol:
Don't worry...

I am sure that if you sift through my near 8k posts,you will find many mistakes that I too have made,over the years...and there will still be more to come,I expect.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 06:41

Thanks for that TTD. I can stop crying now! :D

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 06:52

It's hard to be perfect...but some of us have to try. :lol:

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 08:31

But some of us keep failing miserably! Damn! I'm going start crying again now! :cry:

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Thu, 14. Jun 12, 04:52

Argon ships produced for the averrage user. What i trully miss is few unique ships/bases for each party
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”