Raise level cap of marines beyond the default 100

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Confusion-System
xr

Raise level cap of marines beyond the default 100

Post by Confusion-System » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 16:50

Hi there everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to the direction of a mod or inform me as how I can go about to make the skill level of marines be capped to, say, 200, as oppose to the default 100. If such an endeavour is at all possible.

So basically I would like to raise the cap level of maximum skill points of Hacking,Engineering,Fighting and Mechanical from the default 100, to 200, so they can be trained up to 200.

Much appreciated for the help!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 13. Jun 12, 19:37

the max level is hardcoded, so theres no way to increase

but even if there was a way to change it, what would be the point ?

Confusion-System
xr

Post by Confusion-System » Thu, 14. Jun 12, 07:41

Oh well I was thinking that if marines were more then 100 they may be much more powerful? But I guess I see your point, thanks for the reply, I was just wondering if it could be done, but since its hardcoded stuff, I'll leave it alone.

Again thanks much for the reply.

UberWaffe
x3ap

Post by UberWaffe » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 07:22

I once accidentally increased a marine's stats past 100 using a script. I updated tataku's (probably got that wrong) marine repair scripts, making marines randomly gain +1 experience in mechanical and engineering every now and again.
Noticed the skills going beyond 100, so had to add a check to prevent that.

So it is possible (in TC at least, assuming will work in AP as well), but I cannot give you any information on how values above 100 affect the game.
Heck, the formulae for boarding success might not like values above 100 at all and kill off all your marines. :twisted:
You never know until you try. :wink:

Confusion-System
xr

Post by Confusion-System » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 14:08

UberWaffe wrote:I once accidentally increased a marine's stats past 100 using a script. I updated tataku's (probably got that wrong) marine repair scripts, making marines randomly gain +1 experience in mechanical and engineering every now and again.
Noticed the skills going beyond 100, so had to add a check to prevent that.

So it is possible (in TC at least, assuming will work in AP as well), but I cannot give you any information on how values above 100 affect the game.
Heck, the formulae for boarding success might not like values above 100 at all and kill off all your marines. :twisted:
You never know until you try. :wink:
Ahh, thanks Waffe for the info.. I might just download that script and see if I can mess with it to imitate the effects you experienced... otherwise, if all else fails, I'll just massively up the numbers of marine repairs per second and play it in cheat mode like that. Its time for a great modded fun after a long time of Vanilla.

Thanks for your input!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”