Complex won't accept resource (SOLVED)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Coreblimey
x3tc

Complex won't accept resource (SOLVED)

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 06:07

I just completed building a complex to supply my PHQ and one of the wares is quantum tubes. A necessary resource for quantum tubes is ore. The complex is a closed loop but I decided to buy the ore from an outside source. I sent one of my spare traders on a manual run to fetch some ore but on landing at the complex ore does not show up in the resource list and my freighter cannot transfer it to the complex.
Can somebody please help?

UPDATE
There's something funny going on at my complex! The quantum tubes have now started manufacturing! Is it using silicon instead of ore? Every race's quantum tube fab says it requires ore. What on earth is going on? :? :?

Incidently it's a Teladi Quantum Tube Fab.
Last edited by Coreblimey on Sat, 16. Jun 12, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

ajmthefalconer
x3tc

Post by ajmthefalconer » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 07:41

Perhaps the trader gave it to the complex automatically if you sent the trader to retrieve ore? thats the only thing I can think of.

As to the tubes already producing, did your complex start running even before you unloaded the ore?

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 07:47

I'm afraid not. The cargo was still onboard the freighter. So I sent it off to the HQ and unloaded there.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

ajmthefalconer
x3tc

Post by ajmthefalconer » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 07:53

I'm fresh out of ideas then :(

Hopefully someone with more experience with complexes than me will come along.

JackKiller2266

Post by JackKiller2266 » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 07:56

it could be a NPC trader came in with ore and sold it to your complex, unless your 'plex dose not allow other people trading with it

*edit sry meant to say silicon
Last edited by JackKiller2266 on Fri, 15. Jun 12, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 08:04

Something must be wrong with your game, since in my experience with X games, Quantum Tubes have always used Silicon and never Ore

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 08:15

JackKiller2266 wrote:it could be a NPC trader came in with ore and sold it to your complex, unless your 'plex dose not allow other people trading with it
That's the whole problem. npc are barred but even if they were not, ore does not show up in the resource list for them to sell it to my complex (plus I haven't transferred any credits to the complex).

However I have just thought of one possible solution. I have 2 silicon mines. Maybe it's possible that I have accidentally put one of them on an ore 'roid instead of silicon so I would get a nominal amount of ore without it showing in the resource list.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 08:32

jkjklkl wrote:Something must be wrong with your game, since in my experience with X games, Quantum Tubes have always used Silicon and never Ore
Your right on the button! It does indeed use silicon and NOT ore! However if you look in the encyclopedia at the factories, it states that every races quantum tubes fab requires ore and not silicon.
Incidentally I'm playing AP. if you are playing AP then just check in the factory lists in your encyclopedia and see if yours is the same. :)

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 21:26

The in-game encyclopedia lists the resources for NPC factories. Notice how SPPs are listed as requiring no resources

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 21:55

jkjklkl wrote:The in-game encyclopedia lists the resources for NPC factories. Notice how SPPs are listed as requiring no resources
Indeed your correct. I've never bothered looking at an SPP resource list in the encyclopedia because I've always known they need crystals. I just checked with a shipyard that sells quantum fabs and when I clicked on it the resource panel on the right came up with silicon.
I should have known better as any tech that uses a mineral is going to use silicon and not ore.
I should have also remembered that what appears in the encyclo. is just what I have seen, npc factories!
Well now I know, I'll be a bit more wary when I consult the encyclopedia.

Thanks for that info. :)

JackKiller2266

Post by JackKiller2266 » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 22:28

always consult the encyclopedia, it will help you a lot until you get good at the game

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 03:14

JackKiller2266 wrote:always consult the encyclopedia, it will help you a lot until you get good at the game
I played Reunion for over a year, TC for over 3 years, and AP for about 2 months and I can honestly state I was nowhere near good at any of them! If I was to have a teachers report on the X3 series it would probably be 'tries hard but has yet to accomplish anything of significance'. But that's not what's important to me. The most important thing is I ENJOY all 3 and probably always will. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”