Remove laser towers from the sector map, Aran style?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kurush
x3tc

Remove laser towers from the sector map, Aran style?

Post by kurush » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 19:57

Is it possible to make laser towers not visible on the sector map? I remember TC Aran was not targetable and didn't have the hud box until certain patch in TC, is it possible to trigger the same effect on all your LTs in the sector using script or MD? 200 LT create a mess out of sector map :) Also, any sideeffects of this?

zhukov032186
x3tc

Post by zhukov032186 » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 20:16

Short of erasing/replacing the icon for it altogether... No. I don't think there is a way to do that. Nor do I expect there to be a mod to do this. You'll have to enter the data files yourself and make the modification.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 21:38

In practice, I think I should be able to either set that "hidden" flag that is being set for Aran in the UFJD sector on existing lasertowers, or, worst case, destroy them and create new ones with hidden="1" via an MD script.
I wonder what would be the result though.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 22:32

i do like the idea of being able to turn off the sats and LT's from showing on the sector map, in terms of they would show an icon and they would be targetable, but they wouldnt show on the list.

if it became like the Aran it means it would not be targettable and they would become a nightmare to hit thanks to their size
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 22:55

ConCorDian wrote: if it became like the Aran it means it would not be targettable and they would become a nightmare to hit thanks to their size
Why would you try to hit your own lasertower? :) It would be hard to manage their numbers, but then I can probably write another script that returns them to the map.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”