X3 ap cant start HUB plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wooaa
x4

X3 ap cant start HUB plot

Post by wooaa » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 20:02

i have all the requrements for the hub plot, rank, finished main plot, and seen the hq, but i cant start the hub plot. i dont know what to do. i did restart the mission director a few times befroe they got that bug fixed, but i dont think that is why i cant start the plot, any one know what to do?
Chuck Noris CAN beleve its not butter!

no on 8

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 04:22

It seems you're using a guide to help you with the Hub plot. Please be certain you're using the AP version of the guide as the Hub plot has been reworked for AP. I used the one found on Rougey's site (here.)

wooaa
x4

Post by wooaa » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 04:47

i have fulfilled all of the requirements for the plot, i just can not start it. no squid talks to me.

no on 8

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 04:57

Try landing at Atreus HQ in Queen's Harbour and see if that will kickstart it.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Libelnon
x4

Post by Libelnon » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 07:15

There isn't a squid involved in AP, if I remember correctly. It's to do with the Teladi and NMMC.
Sorry, were you expecting a witty one-liner?

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 07:22

Libelnon wrote:There isn't a squid involved in AP, if I remember correctly. It's to do with the Teladi and NMMC.
I'm afraid you don't remember correctly. The Teladi/NMMC plot is for the PHQ. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Mrreg
x3tc

Post by Mrreg » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 07:23

Libelnon wrote:There isn't a squid involved in AP, if I remember correctly. It's to do with the Teladi and NMMC.
Spoiler
Show
That's the PHQ plot, which starts at NMMC HQ. The Hub plot starts at Atreus HQ and involves working with them in all their squidiness.

wooaa
x4

Post by wooaa » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 05:38

i landed at the atrius HQ, nothin, i even called evryone there,

no on 8

Etyneo
x4

Post by Etyneo » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 06:39

Did you use the Custom Game gamestart by chance? It disables certain plotlines, not sure if Hub and/or HQ are among them...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 19:00

Custom start disables all plots.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

wooaa
x4

Post by wooaa » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 19:26

i did the argon defender start, the one were you start in an argon nova prototype, i have beten the main plot, i have an ayamon to prove it.

no on 8

Mrreg
x3tc

Post by Mrreg » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 20:05

I guess the only other thing I can think of is to check that your rank with the Boron is at least Queen's Guard. Sometimes, I forget about what ranks I need for stuff.

wooaa
x4

Post by wooaa » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 00:17

i just checked and i am on the top rank.

no on 8

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 10:37

If you haven't already done so, let Steam verify the integrity of the game cache. Do you have any scripts or mods installed that might interfere with the plots?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

wooaa
x4

Post by wooaa » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 00:14

is there a way to use the in-game console ( thereshallbewings) to "jump start" the plot?

no on 8

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 00:44

Depends, if say all you need to meat the trigger conditions are rank than yes, cheating notoriety will do the trick, but if the missing conditions is set in a another plot or otherwise set via MD, then no, you'd need a MD script for that.

MFG

Ketraar

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 00:52

By using this method you will get the **modified** tag. Using 'Thereshallbewings' note the capital 'T', only allows you to use the script editor and run the scripts you have installed. Unless you have a script that does what you want then I'm afraid it is pointless.
If you are not bothered about the modified tag then you could always look in the 'Scripts & Modding' forum to see if there is anything available. :)

wooaa
x4

Post by wooaa » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 23:48

hmm, i guess i will just keep bussing around boron space, and hope that i dont need to go though the bowels that are tech suport.

no on 8

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”