Keyboard not working/responding in X3-TC/AP through Steam. FIXED

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

modmic
x3tc

Keyboard not working/responding in X3-TC/AP through Steam. FIXED

Post by modmic » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 14:10

My keyboard does not respond when I run X3-TC/AP since the recent Steam 2.0a upgrade on the 14th June. I have reinstalled TC & AP but no success.

I was at 404 hours but I can't play since the upgrade. I am currently going into a state of withdrawal and need a fix $%$% can anyone help.? Please
Last edited by modmic on Mon, 18. Jun 12, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 11:27

The update made no changes to anything keyboard-related, so the timing is likely to be a coincidence unless your game was previously modified, in which case the patch may have overwritten whatever mods you had installed and you'll need to ask the author(s) of those mods about a solution.

If your game was unmodified then run a Steam file verification first, and if that doesn't help then try resetting your in-game keyboard profile. See also this FAQ entry for some more obscure possibilities.

modmic
x3tc

Post by modmic » Mon, 18. Jun 12, 14:54

Thanks CBJ, Spent most of the day trying possible reasons and after a restore it is now working. Thank you for your feed back.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”