CAG and price limit

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cheeseburger

CAG and price limit

Post by cheeseburger » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 15:00

Hi, I'm experimenting with CAG sell & buy to play around with NPC economy and I have a question:

I see in the CAG setting to tell when to buy a product (below x% on home station available), but not to tell how mach to pay maximum for a product. If I need f.ex. BoFu, I want the CAG to buy only the price between lowest and average price on NPC station, but not for any price above that. Is there any way to do it so?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 15:25

Set the CAG to buy at average price; it'll buy at the best price available to its settings

Similarly for the sell price: set the minimum selling price & the CAG will get the best deal at & above that price according to its settings
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Sun, 17. Jun 12, 20:47

The price settings are located in the station's "trade" window. The CAG automatically uses whatever your station has set

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 13:35

wow, after few day of tests I set up some complexes to deal with NPC-wares available en masse. CAG shopper buying them cheap and sell them again to NPC with CAG salesman - profits are incredible, you don't need much stations but many ships, just made like 400M Credits just over night, and it's still not yet optimized.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 13:45

Yeah, if you set your CAG to buy at 30 and sell at 50, the CAG will try to find the lowest price below 30 and buy, and the highest price above 50 and sell. It's automatic.

One downside to many CAGs, though, is that at some point your computer's CPU may become overloaded. And this will affect performance with other game features, such as NPC behavior (which is also scripted).

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 14:00

Yea, noticed that, my CPU ist on 100% on single core thanks to many CAG and CLS :-( I can't wait for MultiCore Support on next engine...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”