Find that mod: Freight Drones

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Calgor Grim
x4

Find that mod: Freight Drones

Post by Calgor Grim » Tue, 19. Jun 12, 08:55

I cannot for the life of me, find a mod I was using ages ago for X3 TC whereby you could trade with stations of any size using freight drones, good now that I'm flying about in an M0 and this thing can't dock. It was a mod that improved on the vanilla scripting and allowed you to enact a trade with PC or NPC stations and launch freight drones to grab the items etc.

I dont even remember a name either.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 19. Jun 12, 09:39

Open the Community Scripts and Mods Download Library at the top of the forum. Open your browser search (by default Ctrl+F), search for "freight" and check the name and description of each found entry. If you don't find, what you're looking for, change the search term.

In this case searching for "freight" brings up (amongst others) Transfer Freight via Drones by Tim-O, which looks like what you're looking for. Unfortunately the download links seem to be dead. But maybe someone still has the script and can reupload it (try to ask in the topic or ask the author via PM).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Tue, 19. Jun 12, 14:08

I was looking for "freight drone" not "transfer freight by drone", twas just a user error with the search term. Mental block.

veryinky

Post by veryinky » Wed, 20. Jun 12, 05:15

I never found a working download of the Transfer Freight by Drone mod in the past year, so instead I got the "BSD" Bomber and Shuttle external docking mod and teleporter trade mod. These solved the core problem of trading with a large ship (my specific problem was with the Mobile Mining Base and wanting to dock Baldric Miners to it, like in the description)

The BSD mod (I've since upgraded to X-Tra ships, though SRM for TC works well) allows docking of TS to large ships. An XL superfreighter (or 4) can handle most large trades.

If those are insufficient, Transport trade script allows simply trading with a station 5km away if the large ship has a teleporter. Useful if you want to transfer 40k cargo units worth of goods in a single shot. Though, personally I don't like the script's interface.

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Sat, 28. Jul 12, 20:17

there is a new mirror posted in the Transfer Freight via Drones thread, you can get it from there. It's one of the "must have" scripts on my list ever since I started using it back in TC.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”