Goner Plot - A wierd bit of Luck?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lexraider
x3tc

Goner Plot - A wierd bit of Luck?

Post by lexraider » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 21:49

After trying for some time to follow the Pirate Blastclaw, and getting creamed every time, I decided to try and get a bit cosier with the Pirates. I deliberately let the Blastclaw lose me and after the message to wait for another contact I declared it 'Hug a Pirate week' and played nice with them. Doing the washing up, hoovering, that kind of thing. When I decided to have another go at the mission I turned on mission guidance and got a right royal runaround around the universe ending up in Gaien Star with Hall yelling for rescue and never having seen the Blastclaw. After chasing Hall for a bit I finally persuaded him aboard, jumped out to Elysium, the Ozias, and mission accomplished. Was this an incredible stroke of luck due to a system glitch or am I about to pay for it later?

khemeher

Post by khemeher » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 22:24

Did you get the subsequent mission? After you follow the Blastclaw, you're supposed to end up at the pirate base, and then continue with the story arc. If the mission window doesn't have any instructions for you to follow, you may need to reload again.

lexraider
x3tc

Post by lexraider » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 22:39

I got the mission to supply spaceweed & squash mines

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 21. Jun 12, 22:55

Then you're probably golden. There are a number of missions for the various plots that essentially 'self-complete' if you do nothing, notably capturing the Vidar and the #deca, just to name a couple. Sounds like this may also be one. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”