[X3:AP] Pirate Anarchy Port - Hacking Failed?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sinxar
x4

[X3:AP] Pirate Anarchy Port - Hacking Failed?

Post by Sinxar » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 23:40

The Pirate Anarchy port in Loomanckstrat's Legacy is giving me some issues.

I repeatedly get missions to hack this station and OFC i accept it. However when its hacked it turns blue only for a moment and goes back red a few seconds later. Is this normal?

All the other stations in this sector are blue (from hacking missions). That is the IBL forge, PBG forge and Rehabilitation Facility. I also have a spacefuel mini-plex setup in here.

I have pirates set to "Friend" on my ship and global commands and have broadcasted it to all reachable properties multiple times. I have no roaming patrols and only 3 laser towers deployed in Albion Alpha for the plot.

And yes i'm hacking the right station. Its turning blue after the hack but goes back to red a few seconds later.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 23:52

In AP, it's pretty normal assuming your overall faction rank is still low enough to be hostile with most pirates.

The same sort of thing happens with the main race's trading stations, if you're enemies with them.

As far as I understand, it's related to the system put in place to manage RRF fleets and such. Like: if trading stations were hackable, it would make it possible to exploit that to prevent RRF fleets from responding or something. I've forgotten the details at this point.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 23:57

Ah gotcha thanks. Its no big deal with the pirates just seemed strange.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 14:53

It's an interesting one. In vanilla X3TC for example, if you are in bad relations with the Pirates and hack a station it stays hacked pretty indefinitely no matter what you do to annoy Pirates. However if you have so-so relations with them and hack a red station, and then later your rep improves slightly such that the station would have been blue anyway, then the next time after that when your rep drops again the blue hacked station goes to red.

In X3AP with other things such as RRF going on then who knows what happens.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”