x3 albion prelude- is it possible to start a war between argons and paranids?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amcrabil
x3ap

x3 albion prelude- is it possible to start a war between argons and paranids?

Post by amcrabil » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 18:28

So im playing as argon and really hate the paranids, not strong enough to take them on myself tho... is there a way to gget argons and paranids to fight, ie. do enough raiding? and if there is a war, can argons occupy/conquest paranid sectors?

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 21:11

They'll raid each other from time to time, but they wont actually conquer each other's sectors in the vanilla game.

If you want that kind of feature, try asking in the mod forum. I think I've seen mods that do something similar to what you're suggesting, though I can't remember the names at the moment.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 01:56

as Vim Razz said there is no real sector takeover scripts in the vanilla game but i am under the belief their are some on the S&M forum... to what extent they work i do not know.

closest thing i can think of doing in the vanilla game is positioning the HUB in a way to get the Argon to divert through there and in turn through Paranid space where they will engage each other.
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 03:55

Argon and Paranid aren't friends that's for sure but they don't exactly shoot each other on sight unfortunately (that would actually ruin the economy) so even when a military vessel of each race pass within firing distance of each other they don't (always) engage. I took a screen shot yesterday in fact of a H. Centaur passing within a couple of kms of a Zeus without incident :( I was hoping for more naturally.

The exception is that occasionally (in TC at least) a military raiding party is spawned that will enter "enemy" territory and do some damage. Any more than that and you'll have to look at a script/mod as has been said.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”