[x3tc] Need help with deleting soundtrack files.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zwierzu
xr

[x3tc] Need help with deleting soundtrack files.

Post by zwierzu » Sat, 23. Jun 12, 20:53

Hello everyone.

I was thinking about replacing default X3TC OST with my favorite tracks. And don't worry, I know very well how to do that :P

My questions is about something else - I'd like to know which soundtrack FILES are not used at all in whole X3TC. Something like race theme music from X3:Reunion - file is still in X3TC soundtrack folder and I've never heard it in-game.

But since I'm quite afraid doing this operation on my own (and to be honest - it would take a lot of time and I'm looking for some shortcuts) I'm curious if there's any detailed list which OST files are used in X3TC and which ones aren't?

Every advice and information will be very appreciated!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 11:45

There is the thread [RESOURCE/TUTORIAL] X3:TC Music Library + Changing the soundtrack, which contains a list of used soundtracks. Check also the replies, as the first post of that thread hasn't been updated for a while.
You can also find out, which soundtrack files are played in which sector, by having a look at the map (x3_universe.xml) with a text editor. Each sector has it's own entry for the used soundtrack file (m="xxxx", whereby xxxx is the soundtrack number with "0" representing a random track). In addition to that, you can change the soundtrack played in a sector using the Mission Director. See this post.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”