X3AP: The Paranid want HOW many cahoonas?!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Quinch
xr

X3AP: The Paranid want HOW many cahoonas?!

Post by Quinch » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 15:29

Screenshot

Does this make sense? I'm still new to the whole stockmarket thing, but I could probably fill the entire sector wall to wall with cahoona fabs and it wouldn't be enough to cover the demand. Not that I mind profit opportunities, but this is just grain weird.
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 15:36

2 important questions:

1. Do you have a complex in local Paranid space with a huge hunger for meatsteaks?

2. Why is your ship called "Broadarse". :wink:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sun, 24. Jun 12, 15:48

Nope, but I do have a largish complex pumping out soy. Did I singlehandedly manage to turn the Paranid into carnivores?

Also, because it's undersized and waddles.
{obscure game reference}
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 02:04

Perhaps the Paranid are developing a superior ammo based weapons that use meaststeaks as ammo.

Each stock exchange covers a specified range of sectors (e.g Argon Prime [Three Worlds - Cloudbase South East + Elena's Fortune]) so have you been building inferior argon stations for the Paranid in the sectors served by this exchange.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 04:18

That's very strange, for sure. Normally, the demand in that region starts at 9996 cahoonas. (That's 3 standard station capacity's worth -- the 2 trading stations that trade them + the 1 marine barracks. Normal demand for a single standard-sized station is 3332.)

Edit: After pulling out the calculator, the demand you see there represents 759 normally sized stations' worth. (or 151 L + 2 M sized stations; whatever mix you're into.)

It could be showing you the cahoona demand for the entire x universe there, for some reason.

Elipsis
x4

Post by Elipsis » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 19:36

Might that figure include some weird bartering agent who personally wants 2 million meatsteaks?

Ya know... for the meatsteak party?

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 20:23

Bartering demand doesn't show up on the exchange market, only station + Trading dock demand.

But wow, that'd be one heck of a party! :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”