X3 AlP-TM- Use as Sector trader and attached wings question.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amcrabil
x3ap

X3 AlP-TM- Use as Sector trader and attached wings question.

Post by amcrabil » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 03:40

So. Ive posted a couple questions recently and have had them very helpfully answered so I want to go ahead and says thanks!

Ive got a silicon factory in antigone and have been using a best sell trader (since theres two energy factories there already I get resupplied by NPCs and dont need a CAG). My sales havent matched production as there seems to be a somewhat limited demand ( Mercury can only sell off partial load, 50/180 or so, then returns to my silicon fac to restock BEFORE selling off the rest of the cargo). I decided I dont need as much space in the hold and decided to use a TM. Question 1) Any way to make the hauler sell the whole load before returning to restock? Question 2) I have two fighters attached as a wing to the TM. I want the TM to jump while trading (with fighters docked). IF ATTACKED: Will the fighters launch automatically if theres enemies nearby or attacking the TM? How do I set that up? Additionally, if the TM jumps out while the fighters are launched, will the fighters rejoin it/ kill baddies then rejoin, or what? Sorry for the long post but thanks!

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 04:06

1) That's just how Trade Mk2 traders work (the sell for best price command). They load up a full cargo bay as a standard rule, and then just sell as much as they can at the destination before returning home.

If you want them to sell more at a time, you might try raising your selling price a bit.

If your customers don't have enough production turnover to maintain demand, you can set up CLS2 ships to keep them supplied with energy which will increase their demand. It takes some time to set up, but it's a lot cheaper than buying an SPP to sell from in the early game.

2) Only if the TM has Carrier Command Software installed, ~and~ if the fighters are homebased to the TM, if I'm not mistaken -- unless you specifically gave them orders to protect the TM.

As for the 2nd part, I'm not sure.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 05:33

I'm not wholly sure about this and may be corrected by a later post. I don't think your TM will jump while it's fighters are in action. It will wait until they re-dock (or are destroyed) before making a jump. However I don't think it will wait for the wing and will jump expecting it's wing to follow. This last part seems unlikely as, if your fighters have docked it means there are no more attacking enemy and your wing is also clear so should follow immediately after the TM jumps.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”