Music that plays when entering 'Red Light'

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vortexz
x4

Music that plays when entering 'Red Light'

Post by Vortexz » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 19:00

Is anyone else fascinated by this music? I remember it being a prominent feature when i first played the game, i was quite young back then and had absolutely no idea what to do. But the music that plays... It amazes me. It reminds me of how vast and dangerous space is, and how empty and alone it can be. It's amazing. So yeah, go to Red Light to hear it, i'm sure it's played in other sectors though.
There's coffee in that nebula! - Kathryn Janeway

- How about a russian roulette booth? And here's the kicker, we put bullets in all the chambers, that way *everybody* wins! -

Authorised
x3ap

Post by Authorised » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 22:19

Is it the same as the track that's played in Paranid Prime? That for me really hammers home the feelings of flying an insignificant ship through the vast unknown. Here's a link to a youtube vid: http://youtu.be/NluUXmCoJiA
"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff

Vortexz
x4

Post by Vortexz » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 06:12

I can't seem to find it anywhere, but it is different to the one in paranid prime. I can't believe it isn't on youtube! one of the best soundtracks. All i know is that you can hear it in red light, and argon prime in X2.

- How about a russian roulette booth? And here's the kicker, we put bullets in all the chambers, that way *everybody* wins! -

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 06:59

Sector 20 (Rev. B) by Thomas Egeskov Petersen

00040.mp3 in your soundtrack folder.

Vortexz
x4

Post by Vortexz » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 07:27

Yes! That's the one!

navetta
x3ap

Post by navetta » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 09:44

Yeah, its one of my favourites as well. I loved the X2 Kh'aak sector soundtrack as well, really creepy!

On a side note - never thought I would find a Buckethead fan here lol.

Vortexz
x4

Post by Vortexz » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 11:01

Man, this game has an amazing soundtrack, possibly the best. Right up there with Portal 2 :lol:

Yeah, well Buckethead is incredibly over shadowed by slash unfortunately. But he's a great solo artist as well.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”