The Argons are short sighted

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Marius-san

The Argons are short sighted

Post by Marius-san » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 06:51

I started as a Terran Commander a while back and I've already got enough Military Might to Crush the Common Wealth Worlds to Cinder ..... I honestly don't see how they even though in their wildest fantasies they had a chance

when you got 8 Osaka's 2 Tokyo's, 3 Katana and over 120 fighter's surrounding Argon Prime ..... its pretty certain their screwed ....
granted i had to skip a bit on the equipment but still enough to keep argon prime besieged

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 14:02

I got 1 Nova.R holding down Earth (no stations there, heh); the answer lies in the fact that we (the player) can destroy orbital stations but can't touch the billions living on the planet surfaces. Thus they'll just rebuild, and their capacity to rebuild far exceeds your current "Military Might."

EDIT: It might be fun if Egosoft built enrage timers into each sector (huge defending fleet jumps in if it looks like the player is going to stick around forever destroying all stations).

Marius-san

Post by Marius-san » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 17:14

well if it was possible i would just bombed argon prime form orbit that's how the real military would have done it the fact that you can't bomb planets back to the stone age seems kinda unrealistic I mean sure it would be lonely in space if you started wiping factions out but still

and technically that is just my expendable fleet I got 5 Kyoto's and a legion of Tyr's too holding every argon system in the X universe and I'm currently killing of the Paranid because they annoy me the irony i suppose is that I haven't actually started the plot I've just been trading like crazy :P
There no such thing as overkill the other side complains about your 100 Osaka's .... but you just say ........ OPEN FIRE!!!!

I once believed in peace then my Torus took a reactor breach to the knee ....

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 18:04

No, it's not unrealistic.

You bought the ships, or you bought the marines that you used to board the ships; bottom line you didn't make anything and the races that you're hunting gave you all your toys (and if you're going to say you use Terran ships not Argon ships, you're missing the point).

The point is, why would any race give you the tools to wipe them out? (Do the Terrans have any hope of surviving if you turn against them with your Osakas and Tyrs and whatever?) It's not realistic that we're given access to military ships. (Tell me how can you, as an average Joe, get your hands on a battleship or carrier in RL?).

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 18:47

ajax34i wrote:Tell me how can you, as an average Joe, get your hands on a battleship or carrier in RL?.
An average Joe doesn't have billions of dollars and run most of the worlds economy though. In X3 you do.

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 21:09

Sinxar wrote:
ajax34i wrote:Tell me how can you, as an average Joe, get your hands on a battleship or carrier in RL?.
An average Joe doesn't have billions of dollars and run most of the worlds economy though. In X3 you do.
So we're basically China. Dohoho.

I think it's possible to fully capture and own sectors, but that requires a mod.

Marius-san

Post by Marius-san » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 21:33

actually unless your a trader your not an average joe in at least 2 of the faction specific character selections your a Officer of the Aragon or the Terrans

United Space Command, Commander last i looked Commander is a Military Rank thus would imply that your a officer of the USC and thus not an average joe my Osaka, Kyoto, Claymore's are all USC crafts the only thing i suppose that wierd is that you get free access to the anti terraformer taskforce ships as a USC Commander
There no such thing as overkill the other side complains about your 100 Osaka's .... but you just say ........ OPEN FIRE!!!!

I once believed in peace then my Torus took a reactor breach to the knee ....

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 21:41

Echofinder wrote:So we're basically China. Dohoho.
Nothing wrong with China. 1 in 3 people on earth are Chinese. So take a good look at your brother or sister! :lol:
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 22:14

Coreblimey wrote:
Echofinder wrote:So we're basically China. Dohoho.
Nothing wrong with China. 1 in 3 people on earth are Chinese. So take a good look at your brother or sister! :lol:
Oh, I'm not taking a swing at China. I just remembered that article about the U.S. Navy fielding a Super Mega Ultra Advanced Stealth Destroyer Prototype Deluxe Mk3 and saying it's to "counter China's build-up of it's aircraft carrier arsenal"; considering how much money the U.S. has borrowed and is still borrowing from China...

But yeah, X3's "Kill lots of Pirates/Trade lots of Energy Cells, gain military tech" government is far from realistic.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Thu, 28. Jun 12, 22:32

ajax34i wrote:EDIT: It might be fun if Egosoft built enrage timers into each sector (huge defending fleet jumps in if it looks like the player is going to stick around forever destroying all stations).
They (LV) did, it was called RRF, it just got a bit broken in the 2.0 patch.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Jaycen_Aelis
x3tc

Post by Jaycen_Aelis » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 01:03

oh? Broken how? It works okay for me, although I haven't got big enough, so to speak, to test it's limits--and then, therefore, if it is broken, is LV fixing it? Or should we just back-patch? if that's possible...
Argon Explorer

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 01:24

There were no limits. In the original release RRF ships would swarm you the moment you entered hostile territory or committed a hostile act, jumping in from wherever they were. No matter how big you went RRF went bigger. No matter how many you killed RRF kept coming till you were dead or retreated.
When 2.0 was released they stopped jumping to you. Now they just sit there in safe sectors doing nothing.
There was a script to go back to 1.1 which you might find if you search the forums.
It's been almost 6 months since 2.0, I suspect all resources have been put into rebirth and there never will be another patch for AP

Edit: 2.0 > 1.1 Rollback Link
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”