COmplex overcrowding and wingmen hiring

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

samoja

COmplex overcrowding and wingmen hiring

Post by samoja » Thu, 28. Jun 12, 01:33

Can somebody point me to(or if they don't exist and that someone has spare time and considers this ideas interesting) on mods that doo this things

1. my complexes are getting overcrowded, i only have 2 and over 30 stations in them, that means 150 generic docking ports, and complex hub only has 20, i wish for them to be active again so ill be able to dock all my ships at my stations

2. Is there a mod that lets you hire a wingmen the way you can hire a TL, i think it would be an excellent way as alternative to autopilot wingmen, say when you comm a pilot of a race you have good relation with you get a line "would you want to be my wingmen" and he/she says his/her price (a generic voice of TL captain "thatll be - required sum would fit in well here), hired pilot would became your wingmen and you would be able to give him commands like any other ship, difference would be that he would have some level of autonomy so if he is attacked he would not just stand there and wait for orders, and depending on pilots rank he would perform in combat, this way you would get a ship for far less(and fully equipped) then the cost of a ship from shipyard, but you would have to pay continuously for it to stay in service and you cant fly the ship yourself or adjust any of its stats.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Thu, 28. Jun 12, 01:53

1. Try the Advanced Complex Hub. It has internal infinite fighter docking and up to 20 TS's can be docked all at once. It can also dock 2 capital class ships like TL's in addition to everything else. As far as being able to use the individual docks; it's no. Once the stations are all complex'd you cannot dock to an individual station any more unless you delete the complex hub; breaking all the complex links and returning the complex to individual stations again.

2. Never heard of it really. Doesn't seem like it could be a problem, but it also sounds like there is a lot involved as well. Jobs will need to be created to spawn these ships, scripts written, conversations created, and etc. It's way over my capabilities (which are: none :oops: ) so someone else would have to take up the mantle on that one.

Brahemino
x4

Re: COmplex overcrowding and wingmen hiring

Post by Brahemino » Thu, 28. Jun 12, 09:09

samoja wrote:Can somebody point me to(or if they don't exist and that someone has spare time and considers this ideas interesting) on mods that doo this things

2. Is there a mod that lets you hire a wingmen the way you can hire a TL, i think it would be an excellent way as alternative to autopilot wingmen, say when you comm a pilot of a race you have good relation with you get a line "would you want to be my wingmen" and he/she says his/her price (a generic voice of TL captain "thatll be - required sum would fit in well here), hired pilot would became your wingmen and you would be able to give him commands like any other ship, difference would be that he would have some level of autonomy so if he is attacked he would not just stand there and wait for orders, and depending on pilots rank he would perform in combat, this way you would get a ship for far less(and fully equipped) then the cost of a ship from shipyard, but you would have to pay continuously for it to stay in service and you cant fly the ship yourself or adjust any of its stats.
There's a mod that let you to bribe a pilot for a feed...
Basically it works via hotkey...if you are at no more of 2 kms from him/her you can try to bribe him and if you're in good relation with him he may accept your offer...
Search for this mod...
www.calciopeglio.netsons.org
Un paese e la sua realtà calcisitca.

zhukov032186
x3tc

Post by zhukov032186 » Thu, 28. Jun 12, 17:45

Can I suggest Logain's Freight Distribution Network? It serves the purpose of a complex, but the stations all remain individual, thus allowing you to continue using them. Of course, you'll have to order the commands to dock individually (as it WILL be 50 stations, instead of 1 complex).

samoja

Post by samoja » Thu, 28. Jun 12, 18:12

Osiris454 wrote:1. Try the Advanced Complex Hub. It has internal infinite fighter docking and up to 20 TS's can be docked all at once. It can also dock 2 capital class ships like TL's in addition to everything else. As far as being able to use the individual docks; it's no. Once the stations are all complex'd you cannot dock to an individual station any more unless you delete the complex hub; breaking all the complex links and returning the complex to individual stations again.
Thanks, that did it, most of overcrowding was in fact due to bailed fighters.
There's a mod that let you to bribe a pilot for a feed...
Basically it works via hotkey...if you are at no more of 2 kms from him/her you can try to bribe him and if you're in good relation with him he may accept your offer...
Search for this mod...
Yeah, i know about that, but that's not what i meant, as far as i gathered it lets you bribe pilot into giving you his ship, which is essentially like bailing except that he stays in the ship, however you can treat that ship as your own, what i am suggesting is a system that will give you services of a pilot and his ship(for a fee) as long as you pay, but you can only give orders and not command directly.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”