Goner lore?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

samoja

Goner lore?

Post by samoja » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 01:59

So i have been doing missions for goners in TC so i taught, what are goners anyway, can somebody give me a bit of lore(i guess i missed a bit of it by skipping previous games) i know they worship Earth, or at least they were worshiping it while Argon federation was cut off from Terra, but what now, the earth is now permanently connected with x-universe so i cant see how Goner religion could survive, how can they worship something that is so real now, (they can no longer describe it mystically, its there, its real, and far from perfect). so?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 02:13

short version
the argon are descended from a group of terrans that cut themselves of from earth by blowing up a gate after leading a Xenon fleet though it and away from earth(pre X: Beyond The Frontier)
after a while the most of the terrans forgot about earth those that remembered are the gonners
don't know why they are portrayed as monks

this is how i understand it and its not the full story
if no one else gives the long version i'll do so but it 1am and i'm about to go to sleep
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 02:44

The Goners are a religious group. They started off as followers of Nathan R. Gunne. Over time the name got corrupted from Gunners to Goners.

That is the VERY SHORT version! :)

UPDATE:
If you are wondering who Nathan R. Gunne is/was, he's the guy that led the Xenon through the gate away from Earth and destroyed the gate after him so the Xenon could never reach Earth again, but in the process stranded himself in unknown space, in what was later to become the Commonwealth.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 06:52

For more info, read the X-Encyclopedia,download-able from this site. :)

samoja

Post by samoja » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 10:57

TTD wrote:For more info, read the X-Encyclopedia,download-able from this site. :)
To download that i have to register via Steam, and i decided a long time ago Steam wont be going back to my computer, last time i installed it it caused numerous operating problems and i barely got rid of it.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 14:58

samoja wrote:To download that i have to register via Steam
No, you don't.

You may need to register your game in your [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/profile.php?mode=editprofile][b]Fo[/b]rum[b]Pr[/b]ofile[/url] for some downloads, but that has nothing to do with Steam.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 20:55

samoja wrote:
TTD wrote:For more info, read the X-Encyclopedia,download-able from this site. :)
To download that i have to register via Steam, and i decided a long time ago Steam wont be going back to my computer, last time i installed it it caused numerous operating problems and i barely got rid of it.
the Egosoft download link...
http://www.egosoft.com/download/superbox/bonus_en.php

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Fri, 29. Jun 12, 21:40

cattafett wrote:short version
the argon are descended from a group of terrans that cut themselves of from earth by blowing up a gate after leading a Xenon fleet though it and away from earth(pre X: Beyond The Frontier)
after a while the most of the terrans forgot about earth those that remembered are the gonners
don't know why they are portrayed as monks

this is how i understand it and its not the full story
if no one else gives the long version i'll do so but it 1am and i'm about to go to sleep
Simply:

:thumb_up:
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”