Laser tower to fire at incoming missiles fired at them

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hellblazer
x3ap

Laser tower to fire at incoming missiles fired at them

Post by Hellblazer » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 02:21

As the title suggest, is there a script that would enable laser tower to defend themselves against missiles and torpedoes?

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 02:36

They do this by default when in sector. Missiles automatically hit during OOS combat.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 02:47

So let me get this straight, if I'm not in the sector missiles hit 100%? would there not be a way to code a hit to miss ratio? seems more fair that way.

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 02:54

OoS combat generally works with ships firing all weapons at point blank range. Attacks never miss and ignore special attack effects like AOE damage, but weapon damage differs between OoS and IS combat.

I think they made it this way to keep CPU load low, since the X-engine only runs on a single core.

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 03:41

OH okay, well let's hope that with rebirth, it's a rebirth of the engine too so it can use multiple core

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 20:40

Rebirth will use mutiple cores.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=306357

Don't forget even with multiple cores it would still suck all the performance out of all home computers, having to track every projectile in the entire X univerese, along with ebery ship and object. Hence Oos is a lot differebt to IS, including colision detection, among other things.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”