[TC] Explorer Command Software options not showing

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TickMiester

[TC] Explorer Command Software options not showing

Post by TickMiester » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 16:03

Hi all,

I've an Explorer Command Software and Mineral Scanner installed on my newly acquired advanced explorer ship from the main mission hoping to make my asteroid scanning business debut but the commands don't show up. I'm stuck with the simple Navigation commands and nothing else.

Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks in advance

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 16:10

It should be in the navigation commands, I think.

I also think the command will only scan asteroids that you have already found or that the explorer discovers on its travels. Unless you have been in the sector and mapped some asteroids then there is nothing for it to do.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sat, 30. Jun 12, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

TickMiester

Post by TickMiester » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 16:15

Thanks for the quick response.

I have checked under Navigation, only the default simple nav commands are there. Also, the other commands which the ECS is supposed to provide do not show up either :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 16:20

I'm not 100% sure but the ship might possibly need the Nav Command software as well for those extra Nav commands. I cannot check as I am not with my game PC.

I know that various patches since first release changed the Explore commands so what version do you have? If 3.2 from Steam then a verify gamefiles cache for X3TC could be in order.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sat, 30. Jun 12, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

TickMiester

Post by TickMiester » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 16:27

I've tried removing all other software and added them back on. The autopilot menu changes for the others (special, navigation, fight). Only the explorer software fails to add options.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 16:33

This is an unmodified game? Please consider using the Steam verify if applicable.

TickMiester

Post by TickMiester » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 17:29

Ugh, I hope that isn't the issue.

I've had cycrow's cheats to enable infinite insurance. I've reinstalled, but when I load my game, script editor shows that it's still trying to load cheat setup and other custom scripts...

Anyway to fix this without starting over? haha

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 17:37

I think this one may be for the Scripts & Modding forum. It may be that some of your scripts are clashing. The best thing to do is go to the S&M forum to check the compatibility of the scripts with each other. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

TickMiester

Post by TickMiester » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 19:24

Reinstalled and bought the ECS, all functions work. Looks like a restart is inevitable T_T

Thanks for the helpful replies Alan Phipps and Coreblimey

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 19:34

TickMiester wrote:I've reinstalled, but when I load my game, script editor shows that it's still trying to load cheat setup and other custom scripts...
Re-installing won't delete any additional stuff you've added - simplest is to uninstall and delete the game folder.

Quite a few scripts/mods do need to be re-installed for savegames to work, but I don't think the cheat scripts do (the appropriate thread in the Scripts forum would be the best place to ask).

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 21:01

@ OP, if all install right and are within 10 km from the target press "t" to lock on the target in this case an asteroid and press "i" for the option to scan, should be visible at your left mission bar then hit "enter" (playership). Owned ship can scan faster OOS without the playership in the sector.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”