ships outfitted with weapons when bought

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oreeater

ships outfitted with weapons when bought

Post by oreeater » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 20:34

I. have funded a multi billion credit empire in the core sectors and all my sectors are patrolled by argon military but now the pirates have started attacking my assets with one high yeald silicon mine wiped out.So I tried to reallocate my resources to defence which I have found impossible because of the lack of weaponry for sale at argon equipment docks.If only you could choose between small. Medium and large frigates titans and courvettes or have them completely outfitted.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 20:42

I am not sure whether you mean to comment on an existing game (whichever game, that being a Universe forum topic) or request something in X-Rebirth which would probably fit better into this thread or similar. If the latter then the experiences you have had in X3 and the Argon supply situation, ship sizes and ship fitting-out are probably all irrelevant in X-R anyway. Expand on the topic a bit and I can advise where this really belongs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

oreeater

empty equipment docks

Post by oreeater » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 23:22

The game in question is albion prelude.at first I thought id be able to equip my ships anywhere only to find a game sized recession on weapons dealing.in my opinion game equipment docks should be fully stocked with weapons.

oreeater

script

Post by oreeater » Sat, 30. Jun 12, 23:29

It shouldnt be a difficult acheivment to make a script to fill all the equipment docks with unlimited weapons.is such a script in existance?

Lessernova
x3tc

Post by Lessernova » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 01:23

Alan actually meant that you posted this to the wrong forum.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 12:12

Yes moving to the Universe forum so you can get Player advice about mass-equipping Argon ships in vanilla X3AP. Please do not ask about or discuss 3rd Party scripts there as that is what the X3TC/AP S&M forum is for.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

samoja

Post by samoja » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 13:09

I don't know how it works in AP but one of the first things i did in TC as soon as i got a hold of some real credits was to build my own weapon production complex for this very reason, i even went as far as setting up a rule for myself to only outfit my ships with my own weapons(so if i got no weapons to outfit it i would build such fabs) in the short run it costs a lot, yes but in the long run having a stock of weapons always readily available is well worth it in my opinion, and i even get to sell the surplus and make a nice buck.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 2. Jul 12, 04:50

What I usually do is I get a TL (Orca) and use 1-2 TS transports with trained CAG pilots to go around and buy weapons and fill the Orca. The CAG scripts have a nice "generate waypoints" feature; you just tell it the weapon and it'll go find all the stations that have it.

It does cost a lot of money (but so does building complexes).

Obviously, it's only good for mid-game (for outfitting a small flotilla, couple M2's, M7's, M6's and a wing of fighters). The NPC's don't produce enough, fast enough, to outfit hundreds of capitals; if that's what you have you'll need your own super-complexes.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 2. Jul 12, 05:03

If you don't mind going modified and restarting, XRM fixes this with the Weapons dealers which have hundreds of weapons and the PAR shipyards that sell kitted out cap ships.

If you want to stay vanilla you can also clone weapons by using cheap TS and the shipyard mass fitout e.g.: 10 docked TS buying 2 existing PPC's from a linked equipment dock gives you a total of 20 PPC's etc, sell 2 back and repeat, if you have the credits it is an infinite amount of gear.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”