Easy way to remove PBG's from game?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Easy way to remove PBG's from game?

Post by Ameer Nuub » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 00:07

I've searched and found topics on it, but haven't really found an answer.

Is there an easy way to remove PBG's from AP? Not by a bunch of editing and programming cat files myself through yet another 3rd party software package... just some kind of setting or mod, script, etc. that I can load through the plugin manager?

Thanks.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 08:46

I don't think so.

EDIT: Editing TFiles is really easy. Here is a description I posted a while ago on how to nerf the PBG.
jack775544 wrote:Download the X3 Editor 2 from here if you have not already. Set it up so it for your AP game. Using the editor open up 02.cat and find the file TBullets under the addon\types directory. It will ask you to open the file with either the TDebugger or the T file Editor, choose the T file editor. Now down the sideabar you will a list of bullets (note make sure the radio button at the top is set to ID). Chose the bullet SS_BULLET_PD and change the hull and shield damage properties to whatever value you desire (Yes they already are very low BUT the area damage more than makes up for the stats defiency.)
Last edited by jack775544 on Mon, 2. Jul 12, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 18:33

jack775544 wrote:I don't think so.

EDIT: Editing TFiles is really easy. Here is a description I posted a while ago on how to nerf the PBG.
jack775544 wrote:Download the X3 Editor 2 from here if you have not already. Set it up so it for your TC game. Using the editor open up 02.cat and find the file TBullets under the addon\types directory. It will ask you to open the file with either the TDebugger or the T file Editor, choose the T file editor. Now down the sideabar you will a list of bullets (note make sure the radio button at the top is set to ID). Chose the bullet SS_BULLET_PD and change the hull and shield damage properties to whatever value you desire (Yes they already are very low BUT the area damage more than makes up for the stats defiency.)

Ok, thanks a lot for the reply! :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”