Pirate Ship Classes? (AP)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Coreblimey
x3tc

Pirate Ship Classes? (AP)

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 02:30

Are there pirate versions of the 'heavy' M6 class of ships? And if so are there blueprints available?
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 05:51

No the only pirate M6's are normal variants.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 08:07

No, there are definitely pirate Centaurs and Ospreys with unique pirate paintjobs--they usually only appear in station defence missions, though, in my experience.

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 09:00

OP is asking for the "Heavy" M6 versions though; Heavy Osprey, Heavy Centaur, etc.

I'm fairly certain the only NGO superpower to have a heavy M6 are the Xenon with their PX.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 19:04

I do have blueprints for both pirate Osprey & Centaur. I have not come across pirates flying the 'heavy' versions on my travels though, which prompted my question. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 20:04

There are Heavy variant M6 flown by Pirates as part of their patrols in vanilla X3AP that you can capture. The thing is that these are stock Commonwealth ship models and not Pirate variants with different stats to normal nor with flash paint jobs. In lore, I presume they were originally captured or stolen by the Pirates at some point and in such demand for use that they were never modified nor repainted.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 1. Jul 12, 20:16

Thanks Alan. My boarding skills are not too good at the moment. So, seeing as I have plenty of credits to spare, I think I'll just buy the regular from shipyards and RE. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”