X3 AP - M1 & M2 Variants & Flight Time of Ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

praypold
x4

X3 AP - M1 & M2 Variants & Flight Time of Ships

Post by praypold » Mon, 2. Jul 12, 04:37

I have started X3 AP the day it was released and patched via steam as they were released. I have run into several ships that seemed somewhat unique. I ran into a Colossus Hauler in Omnicron Lyrae, it had 6x1GJ shields and right along side it was the a Colossus 3x2GJ shields. The ships seemed to be exactly the same but did not study them too closely. I did not even know there was a hauler variant in existence in AP. In Akleeas Beacon saw an OTAS Boreas with the 5th 2GJ shield slot despite the description saying 4x2GJ Shields. I have been chasing ships with large flight times to try to get illusive JB's off RRF ships. I am on mind the longer the RRF ship has been flying the higher probability of a JB on board. I could not resist and capped that Boreas, it had been flying for some 1000+ hrs and I was able to fit the 5th 2GJ shield - Nice !!! . Has anyone else used flight time to find JB's on RRF ships or ships that missed being nerfed like the 10GJ Boreas?
Pre 2.0 were more ships spawned with JB's?
- "Charismatic leaders, a populous with fear of the unknown leads to the first casuality of war - The Truth."

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Mon, 2. Jul 12, 05:55

The answer to the first two of your questions is yes. Although not personally, I have read other posts on these subjects.
I think also the answer to your third is yes. I vaguely remember reading about this point not too long ago.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”