Capping differences X2-X3TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StevesX2
xr

Capping differences X2-X3TC

Post by StevesX2 » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 00:48

Hi,

I've only recently started playing X3TC and my main way of making credits in X2 was from capturing ships and selling them.

I'm trying to do the same now but it seems I have to eject from my ship in order to claim the target after the pilot bails out?

I'm sure in X2 I could command the ship directly from my ship, is there a way to do this in TC? I hate ejecting, I feel so vulnerable.

and on another note, what does X3TC have that X2 doesn't? (apart from better graphics?)
Braben - 30 years of faith lost. Enjoy my money

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 01:11

You need System Override Software installed to be able to claim ships w/o ejecting. It is illegal though, so you might want to search for Software Signature Scrambler and install it as well.

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 01:12

System Override Software, it's available on pirate bases. It's not legal though, so don't get scanned. There is a piece of software that hides it, the Software Signature Scrambler, but AFAIK that's only available in Duke's Haven.

There are some scripts/hotkeys which do the job as well, but most of them require the SOS in the first place.

StevesX2
xr

Post by StevesX2 » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 01:21

Wow fast responses.

Thank you both!
Braben - 30 years of faith lost. Enjoy my money

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 02:42

You still have to get within the 30m or so of the ship you are claiming though. So be careful what size ship you use it on, otherwise you could end up smashing your target to space dust.
Something I've learned to my cost! :oops:
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Re: Capping differences X2-X3TC

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 04:47

Coreblimey wrote:You still have to get within the 30m or so of the ship you are claiming though. So be careful what size ship you use it on, otherwise you could end up smashing your target to space dust.
Something I've learned to my cost! :oops:
It depends on the size of your ship - in an M2 you can claim from about 1km away (but still close enough for roadkill, depending on the ships :)).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”