[X3AP] Unable to Get Argon Peacekeeper Started

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

UKHEIC

[X3AP] Unable to Get Argon Peacekeeper Started

Post by UKHEIC » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 16:32

I started as the Argon Peacekeeper in X3AP(version 2.0), and I was told that the pre-requistes of Argon mainplot are:

1) Argon reputation level 4 or above;
2) Terran reputation level 0 or below.

And then player will be contacted by an NPC upon entering Argon Sector 148(some say it is Argon Prime, not sure), which is supposed to trigger the Argon main plot.

But after I fulfill the reputation requirements, and tried BOTH Sector M148(enter via stargate) and Argon Prime, but no one contacted me, and the main plot cannot be triggered.

Am I doing this wrong or it is some sort of bug?

Thanks in advance.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 16:38

IIRC with the Peacekeeper you should begin in Argon M148 and both Terran & Argon rep are sufficient. That is to say the plot starts immediately. You should be told to fly to a position where you will be given further instructions. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 16:40

Try taking some combat kill missions. Sometimes some terrans will spawn and killing them starts the plot. I guess if that fails try going to a war sector and shooting terrans.

I'm not sure what start that is. If its the one where you get the Nova Prototype it should start right away (i think).

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 16:45

I've just checked and with the Peacekeeper start the plot does indeed start immediately.
Are you sure you are using the Peacekeeper start? Are you using any mods that will affect the vanilla game?
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

UKHEIC

Post by UKHEIC » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 16:45

Coreblimey wrote:IIRC with the Peacekeeper you should begin in Argon M148 and both Terran & Argon rep are sufficient. That is to say the plot starts immediately. You should be told to fly to a position where you will be given further instructions. :)
The orange HUD mark indacating plot location did not show up after I entered M148 and waited for nearly 10 minute in real time(using 10X SETA).

How do I fix this?

PS: I am quite sure that I choosed Peacekeeper, the one I am given a Prototype Nova and start in M148.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 16:49

Have you got mission guidance turned on? Also you should start the game in Argon Sector M148!
What sector did your game start you off in?

EDIT:
If you don't have a mission yet you can't turn the guidance on. Once a mission has started press 'p' then click on missions then click on the mission info box and you should be given the choice to turn on or off the guidance.
It seems like you left the sector (M148) too early. But now that you are back turning the guidance on should now point you in the right direction.
Last edited by Coreblimey on Fri, 6. Jul 12, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

UKHEIC

Post by UKHEIC » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 16:51

Well there is no active mission in 'My Mission' tab, and I confirmed again that my character is Argon Peacekeeper.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 16:53

Argon Peacekeeper starts the plot immediately. Within seconds of the game starting you're ordered to line up with a bunch of ships in the middle of the sector. If that didn't happen, something iffy's going on. **MODIFIED**?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 16:57

See my EDIT in my previous post. :)

If this does not work and you still can't turn on guidance I think a restart may be in order. Your guidance system should be on automatically on starting. It may be you've just had a glitch. :)

UKHEIC

Post by UKHEIC » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 17:16

Still have not had it figured out...

I am re-installing the game, for I have obsessive-compulsive disorder of mission, LOL.

Thanks for the advice.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 17:19

No! Don't re-install until you have done a re-start! It may be totally unnecessary. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 17:26

... and don't reinstall until after you have done a Steam verify gamefiles cache for X3AP, have then stopped and restarted the Steam Client, yet still have a problem with no repair or update download happening from Steam.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

UKHEIC

Post by UKHEIC » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 17:27

Well I re-started the game twice and re-loaded the save 3 times, still not working.

Hmm...

EDIT: Re-installation in progress...
And specially thx for the advice regarding Steam.
Last edited by UKHEIC on Fri, 6. Jul 12, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”