[TC] Xenons Help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Oldrattler
x3tc

[TC] Xenons Help

Post by Oldrattler » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 19:12

How do I get by the Xenons in section 472 ,I keep getting completly destroyed .I have to get to the Split sector :shock:

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 19:15

Jumpdrive comes to mind, but only if you already discovered any gate above the Xenons or their N gate.
Otherwise use any fast ship and avoid getting close to them, you should outrun any Xenon np.
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Xenons Help

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 6. Jul 12, 19:33

Oldrattler wrote:How do I get by the Xenons in section 472 ,I keep getting completly destroyed .I have to get to the Split sector :shock:
This was one of the most fun challenges on my first playthrough. I strongly recommend that you NOT ask on the forum, because you will get too many spoilers.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 01:10

I got down to the Aldrin sectors (through the Xenon sectors) once in a Nova Prototype. Now that is what I call stressful ;). However you could just get a fast M5 and outrun everything in the early game, or get a fleet of M2's and steamroll the place in late game :twisted: .
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Oldrattler
x3tc

Post by Oldrattler » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 01:53

I only have an M4 its only 160m I dont think I can out run them with it, I haven't yet anyway.I'am to go there to finish one of missions to build a satellite to spy on the Split either that or ditch the the whole mission if possible. :?

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 04:00

Spoiler
Show
Go the Hatikvah's Faith and head north through Thuruk's Beard. Keep going north all the way up until you get to Family Whi. Head through the East gate to Shareholder's Fotune. Ignore 'The Vault' and keep going East. The next few sectors will only have 2 gates. The one you came through and another one going either South or East. Continue on for a few sectors and you'll be on the other side of Xenon Sector 472.
This is just a road map. No details are given for the mission. It's a very long way, but you'll get there safely.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 04:25

Spoiler
Show
That route is impossible in AP however
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 06:35

I'm pretty sure he's playing TC. I remember that plot.
Spoiler
Show
Why is it impossible in AP?

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 09:20

Safest bet, as people said, is to grab a very quick M5. I'd recommend the Teladi Kestral. Ludicrously quick at a top speed of 615m/s and nothing can even get close to that in the Xenon arsenal, plus it's very cheap. Boost extension, point at the other gate and just floor it.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 11:21

I don't see a reason, why this topic was posted in the Scripts and Modding forum. That's why I'm moving it to the X-Universe forum, where all general gameplay questions should be asked.

***moved***
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 15:10

Osiris454 wrote:I'm pretty sure he's playing TC. I remember that plot.
Yes . The OP is playing TC. It states in the posts title.
In answer to your spoiler question:
Spoiler
Show
In AP the gates to that Split area have been destroyed and some of the sectors removed There have also been sectors added to the far NW of the universe. All these sectors are now isolated and the only access route is through Xenon sector 472.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 15:24

Coreblimey wrote:
Spoiler
Show
In AP the gates to that Split area have been destroyed and some of the sectors removed There have also been sectors added to the far NW of the universe. All these sectors are now isolated and the only access route is through Xenon sector 472.
Actually the route stated above to 472 is entirely valid including in AP.
Spoiler
Show
The sectors Family Zyarth, Family Ryk and Njy's Deception are however now missing, closing off travel between 472 and 598 and 2 new ones which can only be accessed via 598 (not 472!) and then Zyarth's Dominion. (Twisted Skies, the ANH sector, and the renamed unknown sector, Zyarth's Stand.
Just thought I'd clean it all up... ;)

EDIT: You also meant North East, not North West. Come on CoreBlimey! I expected better than that!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 15:43

@EmperorJon
Spoiler
Show
I did indeed mean NorhEast. As for the route, my fault entirely again. I confused 472 with 568.
However, IIRC, in TC, the sectors where the satellites have to be dropped (apart from Zyarth's Dominion) no longer exist in AP hence the need to go through Xenon sector 568 (and not 472 as I foolishly stated.)
I've not long got out of my pit after a late night session so my head is still a little fuzzy.
I'll stop and think before I type any more replies in future. Any way, thanks for putting me straight. :)
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 15:46

598, not 568... ;)

Also, yes, in AP you wouldn't be able to get to those sectors, but given that the original poster was attempting to reach those sectors, to do the plot in those sectors, suggested that the TC route was acceptable! ;)

Anyway, I'm tired too. Just wanted to prevent extra confusion, and managed to provide a whole lot more. :oops:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 16:00

Okay! That's it! I'm going back to bed and not get up again 'til Christmas! :lol:

spudsman
x3tc

Post by spudsman » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 16:19

Given some Wasp missiles (to take care of the faster Xenon ships) and a lot of shimmying and strafing, you can get through a Xenon sector in a Boa (at least in TC). Wouldn't try anything slower though.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 16:20

How about 3 in a heavily crippled Angel? :roll:
______
______

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 16:52

Oh dear! Seems like we've got a lost lar! :lol:

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 17:40

If you're doing the plot I think you're doing in the ship I think you're doing it in, I think you're going to want to use an M5, or a flat out bigger ship. Trust me.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 18:15

Yeah, I wouldn't much fancy flying an Elite through the Eyes and Ears(?) mission of the Terran plot either...

;)

Personally I'd go and buy a Kestrel, it's cheaper than getting a Mk1 turbo booster :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”