Resupply Ammunition Set-All (Wings)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TonyEvans
x4

Resupply Ammunition Set-All (Wings)

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 04:18

Okay, I looked far and wide, but I couldn't find anything. It either means there's nothing, or I'm a moron when it comes to searching this forum

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Is there a script to set ammunition resupply to an entire wing? I'm not talking about missiles. Like Matter/antimatter warheads, mass driver ammunition, EBCG ammunition. It's a pain to go through and set all my ships one-by-one.

Thanks

Also, while I'm here asking. Is there a HQ plot for Albion Prelude? It'd be nice to have that... :)

rbettele
x2

Post by rbettele » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 09:37

Re the HQ Plot:..
Yes. Same triggers as normal.
AP Plot has to be completed ?
Have to have a certain Boron rank and Atreus HQ has to be discovered by you.
Then you get invited to participate.

Re Ammo:
Install XRM and there is no more ammo ! :D
Dont blame me it's all my parents fault !

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 17:30

rbettele wrote:Re the HQ Plot:..
Yes. Same triggers as normal.
AP Plot has to be completed ?
Have to have a certain Boron rank and Atreus HQ has to be discovered by you.
Then you get invited to participate.

Re Ammo:
Install XRM and there is no more ammo ! :D
Haha... thanks :P

There's also a mod in development for Battlestar Galactica. The Vipers use Viper KEW Ammo, and I'd like to have a script for that so I can set them all to restock on that ammo as well...

and thanks for info on HQ Plot

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 20:23

Eliminating ammunition is not a bad idea. There are multiple problems with ammunition, and setting the reload amounts is not the worst of them. A more important problem is that ammunition-based weapons do not seem to work reliably OOS. Gazz says that they run out of ammunition, and Litcube says it's a bug. My experience is that ammunition-equipped ships sometimes DO NOT FIRE AT ALL when OOS... even if they have lots of ammunition.

It takes about five minutes to solve the problems forever, and you don't need to install a mod.

1) Use X3 Editor 2 to Open from VFS: types\TBullets. Choose the T File Editor.

2) Look at each bullet type (there are about 45). For each bullet type, make sure that the "[ ] Use ammo" checkbox is un-checked (empty).

3) File / Save As... , then click the "Switch to system dialog" button. Save the file as addon\types\TBullets.txt.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 20:26

DrBullwinkle wrote:Eliminating ammunition is not a bad idea. There are multiple problems with ammunition, and setting the reload amounts is not the worst of them. A more important problem is that ammunition-based weapons do not seem to work reliably OOS. Gazz says that they run out of ammunition, and Litcube says it's a bug. My experience is that ammunition-equipped ships sometimes DO NOT FIRE AT ALL when OOS... even if they have lots of ammunition.

It takes about five minutes to solve the problems forever, and you don't need to install a mod.

1) Use X3 Editor 2 to Open from VFS: types\TBullets. Choose the T File Editor.

2) Look at each bullet type (there are about 45). For each bullet type, make sure that the "[ ] Use ammo" checkbox is un-checked (empty).

3) File / Save As... , then click the "Switch to system dialog" button. Save the file as addon\types\TBullets.txt.
Haha, that actually is starting to sound like a wonderful idea, considering what I've been doing for the past 20 minutes

:evil:

So yea... thanks guys!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 20:46

DrBullwinkle wrote:A more important problem is that ammunition-based weapons do not seem to work reliably OOS. Gazz says that they run out of ammunition, and Litcube says it's a bug.
The larger problem I've identified in a long dead thread around these parts is that ammo based firing code sends ships into a 0 m/s bug if there's enough ammo based weapons firing in the current active sector.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 20:56

Litcube wrote:The larger problem I've identified in a long dead thread around these parts is that ammo based firing code sends ships into a 0 m/s bug if there's enough ammo based weapons firing in the current active sector.
Yes, that's the one.

What is a "0 m/s bug"?

What is a "dead thread" when discussing a decade-old game? Most of the good information here is several years old.

I'm not as fancy as you... I just know that they don't always work OOS. In fact, the presence of ammunition-based weapons seems to make *all* guns on the ship not fire correctly when OOS (even with abundant ammo). I don't know why, but I tested it pretty thoroughly. You gave me the idea to eliminate ammo, and it works perfectly! :)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 7. Jul 12, 21:16

DrBullwinkle wrote: I'm not as fancy as you... I just know that they don't always work OOS. In fact, the presence of ammunition-based weapons seems to make *all* guns on the ship not fire correctly when OOS (even with abundant ammo). I don't know why, but I tested it pretty thoroughly.
Is the issue still present in AP? I have a huge patrol in Zyart Dominion that is basically a xenon sector in AP and half of this patrol is Vidars and Valis equipped with M/AM launchers. They seem to work fine and consume ammunition (judging by my supply ship showing up in that sector from time to time)

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sun, 8. Jul 12, 00:12

kurush wrote:
DrBullwinkle wrote: I'm not as fancy as you... I just know that they don't always work OOS. In fact, the presence of ammunition-based weapons seems to make *all* guns on the ship not fire correctly when OOS (even with abundant ammo). I don't know why, but I tested it pretty thoroughly.
Is the issue still present in AP? I have a huge patrol in Zyart Dominion that is basically a xenon sector in AP and half of this patrol is Vidars and Valis equipped with M/AM launchers. They seem to work fine and consume ammunition (judging by my supply ship showing up in that sector from time to time)
How do you get ships to resupply other ones automatically? I can only do it manually... so I generally load my ships with weapons that have no ammo

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 8. Jul 12, 01:38

TonyEvans wrote: How do you get ships to resupply other ones automatically? I can only do it manually... so I generally load my ships with weapons that have no ammo
I use CLS2 for this. On your original question, if I understand it correctly, you should be able to set your resupply amount for one ship and then there is a command in the same window to transfer settings to all ships in the same wing. I think it transfers resupply counts for both missiles and ammunition.
Last edited by kurush on Sun, 8. Jul 12, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 8. Jul 12, 01:40

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Litcube wrote:The larger problem I've identified in a long dead thread around these parts is that ammo based firing code sends ships into a 0 m/s bug if there's enough ammo based weapons firing in the current active sector.
Yes, that's the one.

What is a "0 m/s bug"?

What is a "dead thread" when discussing a decade-old game? Most of the good information here is several years old.

I'm not as fancy as you... I just know that they don't always work OOS. In fact, the presence of ammunition-based weapons seems to make *all* guns on the ship not fire correctly when OOS (even with abundant ammo). I don't know why, but I tested it pretty thoroughly. You gave me the idea to eliminate ammo, and it works perfectly! :)

There is some info about it here and here
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 8. Jul 12, 04:12

jack775544 wrote:There is some info about [the 0 m/s bug] here and here
That second link gives a plausible explanation that matches my experience, which is that the OOS combat performance is inconsistent when a ship has at least one ammunition-based gun. Sometimes all guns work correctly, and sometimes none of them work.

Litcube explains that all turrets on the ship may stall when the ammunition-based turret is too busy. (Really all scripts may slow to a crawl because the priority of the ammunition-based gun is too high.)

Yes, it is an old thread. But has the issue been fixed?

For sure, eliminating ammunition solves the problem.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 8. Jul 12, 04:23

I don't think it has been fixed as I remember jack08 saying he had to remove ammo based weapons from XTL because of this bug and when he tried to solve this problem using KC edits he had no luck.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

leko

Post by leko » Tue, 20. Nov 12, 23:51

DrBullwinkle wrote:Eliminating ammunition... .
Hi, DrBullwinkle and everyone,

I just did that, works fine ! (AP)
Just a pity no one wants to buy my ammo left-overs now ! :P

Maybe it will improve my "in war sector fps", who knows, gonna test it !

Thank you for the little "tut" ! Leko
To be god you have to be two, one that is god, the other saying "My God!"

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 00:00

You can always sell ammunition, missiles, and weapons at equipment docks. You may have to dock there in your own ship, because some Equipment Dock owners refuse to buy those items from your AI minions.

Improved Combat Frame Rate should help your fps in heavy combat. (I use the Plugin Manager to install this only when needed for a large battle, then I uninstall it for more visually-appealing weapon effects).

leko

Post by leko » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 02:17

DrBullwinkle wrote:You can always sell ammunition, missiles, and weapons at equipment docks...
Hi, DrBullwinkle,

As I removed the need for ammo I think the AI does not care about them any more, I went to Argon, Paranid an Teladi EQDocks, my ebc ammo does not show in the trade screen any more, only in my freight screen !

No worries, I'll throw them at the next Yaki ship to scare them off!:rofl:

CU, Leko

Ps: going to test "big battle fps" now

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 02:21

Terracorp and Strong Arms HQ's also buy stuff that is hard to sell.

Another way to sell stuff is to fill up a TS with "junk" that is difficult to sell, then sell the TS. You will not get full value that way, but it always works.

leko

Post by leko » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 02:35

Dr Bullwinkle wrote:...fill up a TS with "junk" that is difficult to sell, then sell the TS...
Hi, Dr Bullwinkle,

I can try it, thanks !

Leko

EDIT : no, I think nobody will buy , if not the ammo would show up in trade screen, all be it in red, so I will throw it all in a Centaur and sell it, because it is useless anyway!

Happy fighting ! Leko

Just killed me 3 m2 and 2 m7 in Omnicron , to test fps, - little improvement !

BUT: I have to mention I run my laptop on a 1m second screen at hires so this also can put my fps down a bit. Whatever, it is doable, so I sing : "let it be, let it be, let it be !" :mrgreen:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”