X3 AP Questions: Engine Tuning and Laser Towers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

postmangg
x4

X3 AP Questions: Engine Tuning and Laser Towers

Post by postmangg » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 07:06

Hello, had a few quick questions as I dive into vanilla X3:AP

1) I have been bombing around in my Discoverer, the one you are given during the Argon Peacekeeper story line, I believe it is the Advanced version. I upgraded the engine tuning to 15, when i look at the Max vs upgrade in the info window I should be getting 437 m/s (I think it was 437, says upgradable to 437/max 437 or something to that effect) however I am not gong that fast. My max speed is 187 m/s. I read somewhere that you get engine tuning to 25, but can't figure out where to buy it, none of the equipment docks in the area offer upgrades past 15. I am working around Argon M148 and was planning on huffing it to Argon Prime to start my trading empire and wanted to make sure I had the fasted ship possible for the trip.

2) I am on the "deploy 3 laser towers around Jonforgo (spelling) research facility mission for the Argon Peacekeeper. I am having a hell of a time finding 3 laser towers to buy. Everywhere I go they are out. I stopped by Wastelands at the laser tower facility, but it was also out (along with being attacked by Xenon :evil:). I was hoping that feeding the factory some of the needed wares would help? Do I just need to wait patiently and go do something else, or is their something I can do to kickstart production at that facility? Being that is the only laser tower facility in the general area, does its supply dictate availability to surrounding military outposts?

thanks in advance.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 07:11

They can be completely out of stock, I just built a factory of my own and assigned a CAG to it, you generally want Laser Towers for late game anyway and for transferring the Plasma Beam Cannons off them.

Can't help you with the tunings, though is your disco damaged? that can slow you down a heap, I'm pretty sure the disco should be faster than that even untuned.

Edit> I just checked Roguey's font of infinite knowledge and it's 125 untuned. Are you sure you had enough credits in the bank to buy the tunings?

postmangg
x4

Post by postmangg » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 07:17

I thought about building a factory, but I'm not that far yet to be able to :cry:

as far as the discover its not damaged (I had to double check):

e: wait..hold on.....let this be a lesson kids, don't drink and fly. I was in the wrong ship :oops:

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 07:22

Lasertowers can be hard to come by, when I needed lasertowers for the same quest, just a few days ago, I searched a lot of places and found theam in only 2 places, each place had 2 in stock, so you can search a lot of stations until you find any, though, I suggest you look up lasertowers in your ships encyclopedia och look where they are manufactured, that is what I did, when I got bored of looking at trading stations ...

And yes, if you don't find lasertowers anywhere else, you just have to wait until the factory produces lasertowers

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 08:21

1) Sounds like hull damage, as werewolves? suggested. If so, you've got a repair laser on your space suit that can solve that problem pretty quickly.

2) equip a TS of TM with Best Buy Software, a Trade Extension, Nav Software, jumpdrive, and lots of e-cells (autojump -> "on") and tell it to Remote Best Buy at max price with a 50 jump radius.

If there's a Laser tower available anywhere in any station your ships have explored, it'll find it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”