[AP][Script - AL] Logain Industries Drone Defence Network (DDN) - Beta 00

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Logain Abler
x4

[AP][Script - AL] Logain Industries Drone Defence Network (DDN) - Beta 00

Post by Logain Abler » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 09:24

Logain Industries Drone Defence Network (DDN) Beta 00

Introduction:
Logain Industries DDN provides automated Drone response to acts of aggression against player owned stations and provides security to Sectors of importance.

Gate Network Integration :
Advancements in teleportation technology pioneered by Logain Industries have enabled direct integration with the Gate network.

Quantum Virtual Storage:
Logain Industries have made ground-breaking advancements in the principle of Ethereal Quantum State Storage and Solid-State Quantum-Memory Matrixes to indefinitely hold the propertied of object in virtual storage.

The marriage of the two Technologies enables DDN to centralise drone storage, provide centralised command and control and rapid Drone response to all stations with Teleportation technology across the known Gate network

Previously known as SSDN, DDN is the AP replacement of SSDN

X3 Version and Issues:
DDN is for X3:AP only
This will not work with SSDN
There could be issues with other scrips that use Advance Satellites
When DDN is disabled on an Advance Satellite, either individually or Sector wide the Advance Satellite(s) is destroyed and replaced. This ensures a clean transition and clear down of any tasks or stored settings

Required Utilities :
DDN requires Community Plugin Configuration by Cycrow.

Download Link:
[ external image ]

Technical Info:
Script uses file 9911-L044 for text strings
Script uses file 09911 for Log File

Install of script files:
Manually install files from the script.zip. This link contains a guide for installing script files manually.
Great guide also by Cycrow link

Turn on AL Plugin:
Great guide by LV shows how to turn on an AL Plug-in link

Edit [1st Dec 2015]: replaced outdated x1tp with working xdownloads link. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by Logain Abler on Mon, 9. Jul 12, 19:24, edited 8 times in total.

Logain Abler
x4

[Change Log]:

09/07/2012 - DDN Beta 00 released
Last edited by Logain Abler on Mon, 9. Jul 12, 19:25, edited 2 times in total.

Logain Abler
x4

[User Guide]:

Welcome and thank you for choosing Logain Industries DDN
DDN is enabled on a player owned Dock to provide a centralised command and control network to respond to acts of aggression against player owned stations and Sector of interest monitored by Advance Satellites

Control Centre (CC):
The Control Centre is the heart of your Drone Defence Distribution Network and act as a centralised command and control centre monitoring player owned stations and sectors. It uses locally stored drones to provide rapid response
There is only one Control Centre

Menu Header :
The menu header is a dynamic list of the Drones in storage, deployed and lost in combat recorded by the CC

Station List :
This menu lists all the Stations monitored by DDN and display the number of currently deployed drones
All Stations and Orbital Weapons Platforms will be listed and DDN can be enabled/disabled by selected the appropriate entry

Sector List :
This menu lists selected Sectors and Advance Satellites within the Sector and displasy the number of the currently deployed drones.
Sectors can be added & removed from the list
DDN can be enabled/disabled on any Advance Satellites deployed in a monitored Sector

Configuration Menu:
Add/Change Control Centre – This is used to specify which Dock will act as the CC, this can be change at any time

Global options on/off:
Auto Add Stations – If on DDN will automatically add new Stations to the network
Auto Add Advance Satellites – If on DDN will automatically enable DDN monitoring on all Advance Satellites in selected Sector

Dynamic Menus on/off:
Command Centre Deatils - Drone details
Station menu - Count of Drones deployed to defend the Station
Advance Satellite menu - Count of Drone deployed to engage enemy contacts

Debug on/off:
Drone logic

AL Plugin settings:
The AL plugin when disabled cannot be re-enabled until a clean-up script has completed, when trying to re-enable during this period you will receive a Cool Down warning. Simply allow a short period for the clean-up script to complete
If you wish to completely remove disable the AL Plugin and allow a few minutes to run before saving and removing the script files

[FAQ]:
Last edited by Logain Abler on Sat, 18. Jan 14, 12:53, edited 9 times in total.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 11:38

I already love the idea.

could it be implemented to defend a certain ship, or respond to threats against ships owned by the station?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 19:26

09/07/2012 - DDN Beta 00 released

See OP for link

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 10. Jul 12, 09:42

TonyEvans wrote:I already love the idea.

could it be implemented to defend a certain ship, or respond to threats against ships owned by the station?

I can think of only two options to accomplish ship monitoring:

First is to use the games signal_attacked to generate an event when the ship is attacked:
Pros – As an inbuilt signal it should be efficient
Cons – The ship will have already been hit by fire and may already be dead, especially smaller ships

The second option would be to monitor if the ship is targeted, DrBullwinkle created an custom signal for such a requirement called signal_targeted:
Pros – It will scan all contacts within sensor range to see if the ship is targeted, this should give some warning before the bullets start to fly
Cons – If used on a large number of ships it could have a performance impact on the game

There could be other options which I have thought of.

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Tue, 10. Jul 12, 10:20

Logain Abler wrote:

First is to use the games signal_attacked to generate an event when the ship is attacked:
Cons – The ship will have already been hit by fire and may already be dead, especially smaller ships

The second option would be to monitor if the ship is targeted, DrBullwinkle created an custom signal for such a requirement called signal_targeted:
Pros – It will scan all contacts within sensor range to see if the ship is targeted, this should give some warning before the bullets start to fly
Cons – If used on a large number of ships it could have a performance impact on the game

Regarding the cons... what if it was used to bring assistance to a capital ship. Personally, I wouldn't be applying the "watch this ship" thing to my battleships, but my lighter-armed carriers whose fighters might be out-of-system would definately need extra support, and just might be able to stay alive long enough to get it.

Could it be made that the drones are launched in an enemy ship/hostile ship enters within 20km, or is present in the system? I reckon it might be somewhat more effecient if the station didn't wait until the ship in question was shooting flames out the cockpit to launch support drones.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 10. Jul 12, 10:53

TonyEvans wrote:
Logain Abler wrote:

Regarding the cons... what if it was used to bring assistance to a capital ship. Personally, I wouldn't be applying the "watch this ship" thing to my battleships, but my lighter-armed carriers whose fighters might be out-of-system would definately need extra support, and just might be able to stay alive long enough to get it.

Could it be made that the drones are launched in an enemy ship/hostile ship enters within 20km, or is present in the system? I reckon it might be somewhat more effecient if the station didn't wait until the ship in question was shooting flames out the cockpit to launch support drones.
If you’re looking for a mobile version/option have a look at DCS
Ship monitoring and response is not a route I’ll be taking with DDN, it’s been built to defend my fixed assets and Sectors of importance. This leaves what fleet assets I have free for offensive duties rather than baby-sitting.

LA

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Tue, 10. Jul 12, 14:56

Except DCS allows my M7 to clean out a sector of hostiles with its never ending supply of drones while LSDC/ DDN is more 'realistic' with a finite supply.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 17:36

20 downloads and no faults! a personal best :)

LA

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 00:49

Ah ha! You got er out. :)

I was going to jump right in and stress test it... but AP only?!?
Editing posts since long before I remember.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 01:47

I might be able to "stress Test" it out... I'm at war with the Paranids at the moment...

Sorry LA, I haven't been around much. I've been busy with RL. (Paying for a wedding and such)
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 08:39

stealthhammer wrote:(Paying for a wedding and such)
Same here!
Good to see you about :-)

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 19:46

wwdragon wrote:Ah ha! You got er out. :)

I was going to jump right in and stress test it... but AP only?!?
Rude not to! AP for £4.99

LA

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 13. Jul 12, 15:04

Not buying AP! :roll:

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 00:56

Why not, its only 5 shillings.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 21:57

Redoing my TC mods on a steam install would take a long time.

It's also a single player game. I shouldn't need steam to play it! :x

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 19:28

Hi All,

I’m taking the initial steps in adding Missile Barrage Drones to DDN.
I envisage it working along these lines:
- Convert docked M3 class ships to Missile Barrage Drones (you will be able to convert back to a ship), this will be a virtual record
- If a MBD is available it will be deployed in addition to the normal Drones and if there are the appropriate heavy missiles in stock.
- The MBD will be recovered once it launched its missiles

If FDN is installed I'll build in an option for FDN to maintain missile stocks via FDN’s buy ware logic.

Early days but it should work.

LA

Edit: No reported issues as yet, if nothing comes in and it remains stable I will move from Beta to Release.

I can’t believe there are no bugs! Someone break it please!

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 27. Jul 12, 10:37

Well I went and started using steam. It was a mater of course that I got the superbox... so, discovering the no-steam exe Egosoft gives, I've got no reason to avoid redoing it all for AP. I'm not that lazy, afteral. :lol:
Logain Abler wrote: I can’t believe there are no bugs! Someone break it please!
I'll do my best to achieve that this week! :twisted:

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 20:51

I started as a terran and am locked into terran space, with no friendly empires. :roll:

I may have to just restart as argon to do any testing. Though from the way this seems to work, the terrans don't make any progress. It's almost as if the invasion stuff is a copy of RRF, with it way cranked up and no options to turn off.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”