[AP][Script - AL] Logain Industries Drone Defence Network (DDN) - Beta 00

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sat, 14. Jul 12, 00:56

Why not, its only 5 shillings.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 15. Jul 12, 21:57

Redoing my TC mods on a steam install would take a long time.

It's also a single player game. I shouldn't need steam to play it! :x
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 17. Jul 12, 19:28

Hi All,

I’m taking the initial steps in adding Missile Barrage Drones to DDN.
I envisage it working along these lines:
- Convert docked M3 class ships to Missile Barrage Drones (you will be able to convert back to a ship), this will be a virtual record
- If a MBD is available it will be deployed in addition to the normal Drones and if there are the appropriate heavy missiles in stock.
- The MBD will be recovered once it launched its missiles

If FDN is installed I'll build in an option for FDN to maintain missile stocks via FDN’s buy ware logic.

Early days but it should work.

LA

Edit: No reported issues as yet, if nothing comes in and it remains stable I will move from Beta to Release.

I can’t believe there are no bugs! Someone break it please!

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 27. Jul 12, 10:37

Well I went and started using steam. It was a mater of course that I got the superbox... so, discovering the no-steam exe Egosoft gives, I've got no reason to avoid redoing it all for AP. I'm not that lazy, afteral. :lol:
Logain Abler wrote: I can’t believe there are no bugs! Someone break it please!
I'll do my best to achieve that this week! :twisted:

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 3. Aug 12, 20:51

I started as a terran and am locked into terran space, with no friendly empires. :roll:

I may have to just restart as argon to do any testing. Though from the way this seems to work, the terrans don't make any progress. It's almost as if the invasion stuff is a copy of RRF, with it way cranked up and no options to turn off.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 15. Oct 12, 05:34

Ahh! Somehow I missed this one. Downloaded!

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 10:25

I don't like this mod at all. I hadn't thought it would not be that strong.

My problem is I have 2 self-sustaining drone complexes. 50xmk1 and 50xmk2. You can imagine the amount of drones produced.

I have about 50000 mk1 and 2000 or 5000 (can't remember) mk2. With this mod enabled, I can just sell my entire fleet. The drones do everything and then some.

There's nothing in the universe that can withstand 1000 drones sicced on them.

What I'm saying is, the MOD needs an "hardcoded", i.e. not by player manipulable, amount of deployable drones each sector, 'cos once you have thousand of drones producing the temptation is just too high not to use them.

I'd like to have something mobile. Like a M2 with 10000 drones, that I can manually jump to an sector and then the M2 would deploy it's drones and retrieve them after the fight.

MonsterMod
x3tc

Post by MonsterMod » Fri, 9. Nov 12, 20:33

Sweet mod. Running it with AP +XRM and working great so far. It integrates really well with your freight network mod (using the new script version), and I also use Galaxy Explorer mod to autodeploy/maintain my satellite network. And to the above poster, I dont think its OP at all. You have to build the drones yourself, and they die easily. So ya, if you build a massive number of anything, whether its drones or M2's, you will be pretty strong. I Have not played around with your m3 missile additions yet, but looks interesting.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 16:14

Ah ha! Found the thread again.

Yeah, I agree. If you don't like it, don't use it; For the rest of us, it's great!

Back to testing. lessi what I can break. :D
Edit: Erm I didn't look at the last posted response date till just now. Are you still actively developing this?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 12:11

wwdragon wrote:Ah ha! Found the thread again.

Yeah, I agree. If you don't like it, don't use it; For the rest of us, it's great!

Back to testing. lessi what I can break. :D
Edit: Erm I didn't look at the last posted response date till just now. Are you still actively developing this?
Hi wwdragon,

I’ve not been active for a while and kind of run out of steam on X3:TC :(
DDN beta has been stable since release but does not include the missile drones.

Hoping Rebirth will reignite my interest!

LA

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 19:21

Ah yeah. I know that feeling. I take breaks from X3 too. :)

I'm glad it's stable. I've actually gotten fairly far in AP. It had a surprisingly sparse storyline, with a bunch of those deliver # of resources quests.

Yeah me too! Rebirth should end up being pretty epic. 8)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 21:11

If you have not tried the plots since AP 3.0 then you owe it to yourself to take another look. Shady Business is epic (and Corporation Trouble is quite different from other plots).

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Thu, 6. Mar 14, 13:39

I notice this does not contain the auto salvage part of the old SSDN script. Have I missed it or is there an intention to put that back in at a later time? The salvage part was always nice as it meant I did not have to constantly micromanage wrecks lying around my own sectors and gave me a nice intermitent supply of equipment.

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 17:10

The claiming part of the old SSDN is a much needed addition to this pack. I have also noticed a problem, when ships bail the DDN doesn't seem to notice they are no longer hostile. More and more drones get launched but they do not engage in combat, this results is a huge swarm of drones doing nothing but causing lag.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”